Turning pens for the armed forces 11/19-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
The Woodcraft stores are having an event on the weekend of the 19th. They are supplying the lathes, blanks and pen parts and want folks to come in and turn as many pens as they can. The pens go to the troops. I am fairly sure that all Woodcraft stores are participating. You can contact the store closest to you for more information.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
I'll be taking WoodGuy's class on the 12th. I don't think I'll make it. Maybe next time, I'd love to do that.

cskipper

Cathy
I called the Woodcraft store in Greenville S.C to see how many pens were turned for this event. They had 185 turned during this event!!! They were hoping to get around 100. The national count is not in yet. I was proud to be able to support such a good cause and really enjoyed the morning I spent there. I got to meet more turners, some experienced some had never turned anything.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Cathy, thanks for the update on this event and thanks for the support that you and the other turners are providing to our troops.:icon_thum I just returned from spending a week visiting with some of our soldiers over in Afghanistan and they are doing a lot great work over there that unfortunately, often times we do not hear about in the news. I can tell you from personal observations that the support you and others like you are giving our troops really means a lot to them. Thanks to each and everyone you for your continued support.:eusa_clap

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS