Turning Classes - Mooresville / Davidson / Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaloMo

New User
Mo
I am a beginner turner and have taken a few classes at the local woodcraft in Matthews. For a variety of different reasons, I just don't feel comfortable with my technique or how my tools have been sharpened. I am looking for some 1-1 private instruction over the course of a month or two (for example 1 day / week) so that I can ramp-up faster than learning through trial / error on my own.

I saw a post about classes being offered in Mooresville but it looks like the place is no longer there (invalid link): http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36616

Does anyone know of any good class or private 1-1 turning options in the Charlotte (or ideally Mooresville / Davidson area)?

I am mainly interested in learning how to turn bowls / hallow forms at this time. I am a pretty experienced woodworker and can build furniture, etc. without any major problems. For some reason, turning just has gotten the best of me which is a shame because I love doing it (just don't feel comfortable).

Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Mauricio Zamora (Mo)

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Mo,
there are turning classes coming up soon in Davidson at the Art Guild I think.There was a post by somebody that is involved with them here on our site. If you do a search it should come up.I can picture the location but cannot begin to give you instructions.I work in Davidson so I will check tomorrow and get back to you if nobody else chimes in.
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS