Turning And Smoking Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Cherry and Maple for turning the smoker, Sweetgum for turning and burning.

If any turners are in the area give me a yell. I have some big Maple crotches too big for me to turn, and more smaller crotches of all 3 trees available for the taking. There's more than I can ever use.

wood1.JPG

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Nice! Wish I was closer to you I would come and get some Cherry wood for turning.

This morning I cut a 16 inch Locust that I'd be willing to share if anybody wants to turn some. Of course a little help getting it out of the forest would be appreciated. I cut and chopped six wheelbarrow loads today. Hope that'll get us through till the snow melts.

Lanie Pope just said we may get 15 inches of snow here. :swoon:

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
I wish we were closer too Mike. I'd love to help get that Locust outa the woods. Maybe someone up in N.C. will be coming by near here and take a bunch back for folks. I have a lot of older cut spalted burly Maple that needs to be used before it cankers.

Dragon

New User
David
:BangHead: All you SC folks show up after I move up here and find this wonderful website.:BangHead: Oh well, didn't know anything until I stumbled across it one day and signed up. I'd really like to come after a lot of this stuff but as it stands now I've got about 15 trees scheduled to cut down and the weather won't give me a break long enough to even gas up the saw. I've cut down one 14" Walnut since the leaves started falling last year. :BangHead::BangHead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS