Turner needed

bbrown

Bill
User
I’m making 12 chests with ball (William & Mary) feet. That’s 48 feet that will need turning. I normally do my own turning, but also typically make one piece at a time which can take months. This is a whole ‘nother ball game for me. I can turn most anything but I’m very slow and deliberate. In short, I would really prefer to farm this job out.
JCLR6150.JPG
XQIB3189.JPG
GXOW0118.JPG

I did not know where to start looking so I was hoping that maybe the turners here could give me some ideas.

The photos of my chests show the type of feet I’m using. They are small: only 2” roughly high and a bit more wide. They are laminated to produce stripes when turned and I’ve done all the glue-ups already. I live in Lynchburg, VA and work in Albemarle, NC.
I’m in no big rush and could throw these in a few boxes and cover all shipping back. I’d like to know what folks might charge for this.

I imagine this would be an easy job for an accomplished turner, but did not know where to find help.
Thanks!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bill,
Sounds like an opportunity to buy a tool!

Here is a video of Carl Jacobson using it:

Jeff

New User
Jeff
No turning help here. I looked at Mr. Brown's website which is really interesting. He's been located in Camden Maine, Lynchburg Va, and now in Albemarle NC.

" I live in Lynchburg, VA and work in Albemarle, NC."

bbrown

Bill
User
Thanks Bob. I'll give him a call.
Jeff, actually I've been in the Lynchburg area (Forest, VA) for about 12 years now. I work in Albemarle, NC. We have a place in Maine that we rent out. We try to get to Camden when we can. I have a small shop in progress there and hope to spend more time there after retirement, God willing.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors