Turkey napkin holder

Status
Not open for further replies.

lloydf

New User
Lloyd
Made this for Thanksgiving, got the wood from The Woodworking Source in Mooresville, NC (first visit, really nice guy, let me dig through his scrap pile and even planed a few pieces). Sapele, maple, and either ash or oak (not sure which). Cutting to fit is hard! When I got it fitted as best I could without making it worse, I cheated and used sawdust to fill the gaps :confused_

I also went to the Klingspor event in Hickory and noticed a lot of the scroll saw stands were propped up in the back. Genius, never even thought of that. One of the guys I spoke with (gave my daughter a little wood angel, thanks if you're a member and read this) made me sick with how effortless he was able to scroll and stay exactly on the line and navigate corners and curves like it was child's play. Some of the crafts were jaw-droppingly good.

Took a while to figure out how to insert an image. I click the little camera to open a new window and select a photo, but I click the pictures and nothing happens. Guess I have to upload pics to the gallery first, then I can use them in forum posts.

Turkey_napkin_holder_1.JPG

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Now that's cool. And in time for Thanksgiving too! And that looks like a pretty good job fitting the pieces together. Me, I'm happy when a dowel fits without too much fuss :) Just don't show it off to any family, or EVERYONE will want one.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Lloyd that is very nice and as Bas said great timing. I am thinking that person at Klingspor might have been Bruce (Sawman101). Next year you will have to be doing demo's in our booth too.

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Cool,looks great.You'll be making more if it gets out.Wish you'd pass on them directions for following the lines on a pattern.All I do is get lost.
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS