Truly new and improved

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I get the security certificate issue when I hit home. Using SILK browser on a tablet. What I can see looks great .

gator

George
Corporate Member
Will the new site stay at .com or is the .com just for previewing and when the change implements will it be .net?

George

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Got the security screen on Chrome first time, but second time it went into the site but has a "not Secure" banner at top. Ron needs to check the certificate. Should be fixed very soon.

1571836231310.png

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would like to ask for everyone's input on the "About us" and the "Outreach" write-ups.
Please feel free to PM me with suggestions or additions and they may be included in the next version

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
Will the new site stay at .com or is the .com just for previewing and when the change implements will it be .net?

George
The site will remain as .com, the forum itself will remain as .net. That way if you have it bookmarked you can continue to come straight to the forum. For most purposes we will use .com; we will utilize that on business cards, flyers, promotional pieces, etc. The goal being it will be the entry point for those who are just learning about us and gives us away to position who we are and what we do to those guests. It will also make managing event calendars, lists (Woodworking Clubs, Sawyers, Schools, etc) a little easier. We expect to offer Members additional functionality over time as well. Like; list your business or a workshop, etc

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Will we have a button to go there from here? I thought we had discussed that.

I found a few typos in the clubs, you may want to check that.

I hope we can use this to answer a lot of common questions that all new members and visitors always have. Maybe add a FAQ?

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
Will we have a button to go there from here? I thought we had discussed that.

I found a few typos in the clubs, you may want to check that.

I hope we can use this to answer a lot of common questions that all new members and visitors always have. Maybe add a FAQ?
On the forum, if you click HOME it should now take you to the .com version

I will review the woodworking club for typos. Feel free to PM them if you have them handy

an FAQ hasnt necessarily been discussed, but if we have the right content and clarity for its use it could be added.

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
Using Firefox 70.0 and get in just fine. The site is awesome. But . . .
when I go "home" then I get the message

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead
Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to ncwoodworker.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.
What can you do about it?
The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

I can work around this and just posting as a FYI.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
Must be an issue with our firewall and the security cert?
I believe the fact we are going from a secure site (.net) to a non secure site (.com) is what causes the Cert alert for many people and it may be based on security settings within browsers as well.

If you go direct to the ncwoodworker.com site do you have any troubles?

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I believe the fact we are going from a secure site (.net) to a non secure site (.com) is what causes the Cert alert for many people and it may be based on security settings within browsers as well.

If you go direct to the ncwoodworker.com site do you have any troubles?
When I go straight to .com there's no error, but hitting the "Home" link in the forum gives the security error (Chrome).

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Was accessing it from my phone, recorded this warming:

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.ncwoodworker.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_WEAK_SIGNATURE_ALGORITHM

You attempted to reach www.ncwoodworker.com, but the server presented a certificate signed using a weak signature algorithm (such as SHA-1). This means that the security credentials the server presented could have been forged, and the server may not be the server you expected (you may be communicating with an attacker).
Proceed to www.ncwoodworker.com (unsafe)

Using Chrome 77.0.3865.73
On Android 7.1.1

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS