Triton Wood Rack Install -Gloat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
With images from the local Shop Crawl germinating in my brain, I was impressed with the idea of adding a woodrack in order to add some valuable floor space (for the recently acquired Delta DC).

No sooner did I get that "I really need to have this" burning sensation, Rockler had/ has?
the Triton on sale for $59.99 plus free ship and no tax. A full $20 off regular retail.

So:

Triton2.JPG

I replaced some light duty wire shelving with this. Now when entering the garage, this is the first thing you see, and visually, looks very neat!

I really got alot out of these crawls (my first one, really).

Glad I got!

Thanks for looking!

Matt

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Thats really a cool setup, Matt!:cool::cool:

I see what you mean about freeing up floor space. (You know what the one side of my garage/shop looks like!:elvis::elvis:)

I will have to wait to see if they go on sale again. Back up to $79.99.:BangHead:

I'll sit tight and watch for a similar deal.

Wayne

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Sweet install!

Having recently seen your shop pre-rack, I can attest to the improvement this makes!

Jim

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
I like that. Simple and functional. :eusa_thin

Thats really a cool setup, Matt!:cool::cool:

I see what you mean about freeing up floor space. (You know what the one side of my garage/shop looks like!:elvis::elvis:)

I will have to wait to see if they go on sale again. Back up to $79.99.:BangHead:

I'll sit tight and watch for a similar deal.

Wayne

Sweet install!

Having recently seen your shop pre-rack, I can attest to the improvement this makes!

Jim

Dragon: Yes, and just as easy to install! (3) 1/4 in X 4 inch lag bolts per side. Level and boom your done!

Wayne: I will keep an eye out for you as well. Highly recommended!

Jim: Thanks for the attest! And Thanks again for organizing the Shop Crawl. Very inspirational!

Matt

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Look at you going to town. Dust collection and now the rack. What's next..MK

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I have to re-align some shelving to make up for the W Rack. Other than that, no big plans in the near future!

A breather perhaps?:gar-Bi

Thanks again

Matt

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice Matt. And just enough space underneath for sheet good storage!

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Dragon: Yes, and just as easy to install! (3) 1/4 in X 4 inch lag bolts per side. Level and boom your done!

Matt

Then I guess I will have to install mine shortly~!

Nice Score Matt and it sure looks better in a Real Shop~!

And thanks for sharing as I got one too at that price.:banana:

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Very nice Matt. And just enough space underneath for sheet good storage!

Nice score Matt! :eusa_danc I need one of those in my shop. :eusa_thin

Then I guess I will have to install mine shortly~!

Nice Score Matt and it sure looks better in a Real Shop~!

And thanks for sharing as I got one too at that price.:banana:

Bas: Accidental consequence. Meant for Wife's car to still fit in space! Good Deeds get rewarded!

Trent: Makes a huge difference in shop "feel" Highly recommend! BTW Happy B Day again!

MrAudio: Sweet! Make sure you post pics. Glad to hear someone else snagged that deal!

M

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Nice rack, but one word of warning. Doug Robinson had one of these and I guess he had it overloaded or something (not sure), and he had his car parked by it, and well........ It wasn't pretty.

I hope you have it WELL secured to the wall and don't overload it (as I would do).

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Nice rack, but one word of warning. Doug Robinson had one of these and I guess he had it overloaded or something (not sure), and he had his car parked by it, and well........ It wasn't pretty.

I hope you have it WELL secured to the wall and don't overload it (as I would do).

Travis,
Point taken!
I originally installed 2 in lags (as called for in directions) I loaded up rack and checked back in 24hrs and saw a couple of the lags had, well "lagged" in their duty.

Reinstalled with 4in lags and reloaded, checked and all well.

I couldnt live it down, had something happened to Wife's car:slap:

Thanks for the heads up!

M

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Travis,
Point taken!
I originally installed 2 in lags (as called for in directions) I loaded up rack and checked back in 24hrs and saw a couple of the lags had, well "lagged" in their duty.

Reinstalled with 4in lags and reloaded, checked and all well.

I couldnt live it down, had something happened to Wife's car:slap:

Thanks for the heads up!

M

Hum,

I used 3" lag screws, I hope those are long enough so my Rack doesn't just fall down.

And another thing Matt, how the heck do you tell if you got close to 110lbs on each rack? I mean some wood is heavier than others.

Well here is my pic:

The lowest shelf is of Red Cedar Bowl Blanks and thinking of maybe selling 2 or 3 if anyone is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS