Trick or Tips? I'll take either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
If any of you have any suggestions on how to "downsize" something, I'd really appreciate hearing from you. :eusa_thin:eusa_thin

I need to make some "child size" adirondack chairs. I figure "childsize" is probably about 3/4 size of our original models. Sooooo------, what's the Trick or Tip for scaling down the various parts. Straight parts are easy, it's the curved parts that are the issue. :eusa_doh: :?: Arms, seat supports, etc.

Is this clear as mud??? :drunken_s

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Two ways that you could do this. First take good measurements of all the parts and multiply those dimensions by .75 to take them down to 3/4 size.
Second make full size templates (on paper) of the parts and take them to a copy center and run them thru a large format copier at 75%. The second method would work well for the curved parts and the first best for the straight parts.

Dave:)

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
exactly what I was going to suggest Dave.... when selling copiers, I had a few clients with large format copiers that did exactly that sort of thing rather regularly

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Thanks Dave and Pete. That's exactly what I'll do! I KNEW there had to be an easy way to accomplish that with precision. My drawing skills are marginal and math not much better. Thanks again.

sawduster

New User
Robert
I was gonna suggest one cycle through the washer and dryer :bbiggrin:
...heck, it works for my T-shirts :BangHead:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
You're right Robert! The old "blast furnace" can shrink anything! Why didn't I think of that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS