Triad SHOP CRAWL - August 17th 2019

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Some of the newer members may not be aware of this, but one of the really awesome things that we do at NCWW is the Shop Crawl. The idea is we find a handful of people willing to show NCWW members their shop, maybe 4-8 shops that are in reasonable proximity to each other would be typical. Lunch would be served at one of the shops in the middle of the day. When I first joined NCWW I remember thinking that the Shop Crawls were the best thing about NCWW. While the Shop Crawls are awesome, it's really the people that make NCWW what it is. Anyways.....

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
:):) It's time for a Shop Crawl. This IS happening. It will be in the Greensboro/Triad area on Aug 17th :):)
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Date is August 17th, 2019. We have six shops lined up to visit. This should be a great event.

I recently spent a year and a half building my basement shop, I am happy to be able to have visitors, so my shop will be on the list of hosts. I am in Oak Ridge, NC. We need volunteers in the Triad area to make this a success. It doesn't matter if your shop is big or small, clean or dirty, organized like crazy or complete chaos we would love to see it. Every shop setup faces unique challenges and therefore unique solutions.

Please respond to this thread if you are interested in attending a shop crawl in the Triad area.

Running List of Potential Shops Being Toured/Visited:
1. Jeremy Scuteri
2. Bill Clemmons
3. Graywolf (Richard)
4. Tim Sherwood
5. WoodKid (Tim)
6. TBoomz (Ron)

Attendee List:
1. Charlie
2. cmboggs (Chris)
3. fulldec (Don)
4. beloitdavisja (James)
5. golfdad (Dirk)
6. Michael Mathews
7. wooduser (Lecil)
8. Douglas Robinson
9. Starrcourt (Courtney)
10. Mike K
11. Danny Batchelor
12. Reavisl (Lee)
13. Tgillis (Tonika)
14. mpholway (Matt)
15. mdbuntyn (Matt)
16. CraigC
17. David K
18. PappiJoe

Last edited:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I am definitely interested in attending. And I would be willing to be a host at my shop, except pretty much everyone has already seen my shop. But if you need one more, count me in.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
depending if it's my on-call weekend or not, I'm in! Like others, My shop is too far away to be in the crawl, but I'd be willing to be in one if one happened out in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area!

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ok, I think that my place can serve as an example of one of the smallest shops. I'm in High Point close to the farmers market. I'm in.

Plunkett

Lee
Senior User
I'd love to attend depending on vacation like others have mentioned. I'm in Winston and could possibly host. I've got a dingy little basement shop but could use some experienced woodworkers to give me some tips on layout!

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Yay!!! I will try to attend, depending on work and travel. While it may be forgotten, part of my legacy here is to have originated the Shop Crawl and I have the trophy Bas gave me to prove it. :D

I have only just moved, but when the shop in my new house in North Raleigh is done I would be happy to show it off on a future crawl

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
The first crawl included Steve Coles Shop Dick's on Lake Jordan, Touchwood's, Travis Porter's Mine, and one more I am forgetting. We did lunch at a strip mall with a few restaurants. I think there are pictures of it in the archives.

Wolfpacker

New User
Brent
I'd be interested in attending, it would give me a good excuse to take the RV out for a few days of "me" time. As I'm not an early bird, I'd come the day before so I could be up early enough as I'm sure you guys start at the crack of dawn if I recall correctly....:D….and it's about a 3+ hr drive for me.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Yay!!! I will try to attend, depending on work and travel. While it may be forgotten, part of my legacy here is to have originated the Shop Crawl and I have the trophy Bas gave me to prove it. :D

I have only just moved, but when the shop in my new house in North Raleigh is done I would be happy to show it off on a future crawl

That is awesome. I did not know that. It was a great idea.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I'm glad to see all the interest. I plan to have a sliding table saw demo at my place. That might be something new for a lot of people.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS