Transparent Wood - Seriously

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
So wait, transparent like.... invisible? So I can sit in my shop watch TV, have a few brews and if my wife comes in say....can't you see I'm busy working on my project over there on the bench!

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Wow - you can now make a 'river table' out of any piece of wood - add peroxide + sunlight, then some blue epoxy and tada!. We can get rid of 'ugly slabs' and do traditional tables - then create the river! Traditional and 'new' woodworkers will al be pleased!

Please note - tongue firmly in check - this is not a critique any particular style of woodworking! Just imagining the possibilities.

I actually look forward to the commercialization of this 'fairly' simple process. Having some process development experience I can say that processes are seldom as simple as they appear, but at first glance this appears to have real promise for building science.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
All jokes aside, I can think of some applications for it. Places where you want light, but not a clear view and the risk of shattering is significant. One down side though, it would be inflammable.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
After reading the link, I liken this clear wood to the story of 'Rock Soup'. Yes, there's wood in it, but like the soup, it needed some carrots, potatoes, and onions to be soup..............

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS