Trade bowl blanks for expertise

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfernandez

Gonzalo
Corporate Member
Well, Andy stopped by yesterday with some beautiful cherry, and I have cut a few pieces for him with a chainsaw and bandsaw. There is still quite a bit left over and I am unsure how to best cut it for drying. There are some logs and a few crotch pieces. All the bowls I have made so far started out as nicely dried wood from the lumber store so I have a proposal for anyone in the Cary/Raleigh area. I am willing to trade a few blanks for some expertise in how to best cut these logs up. Any takers?

Gonzalo

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
The crazy thing is, I didn't measure that round that you didn't take until I got home. It's way thicker than I realized, 8"-11". It's the only really obvious one - slice it up like a pizza, cut the points off and there are 6 or 8 bowl blanks. No one has taken me up on it yet, though. If you get help coming over, I can drop it back by to get parceled out if no one else asks first.

I may end up turning a bit out of the small log I have. I only have a mini and I am really not a bowl guy, which is why I am unloading the big stuff. I just couldn't see leaving it for firewood. This is some really pretty cherry.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Here is what some of the wood looks like:

HPIM0989.jpg

HPIM0991.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS