Tracksaw clamps as bench clamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I use my tracksaw clamps on my Paulk bench all the time. Recently bought another Bessy from Amazon ($21~ea.) w/free shipping with Prime. BTW, take a hard look at Prime's TV/movie lineup. Currently my favorite channel.

Yesterday, I received Infinity's catalog and they have a pair for $29 + `$5 shipping.

If you have a bench with holes like a Paulk bench; 3/4 diameter X 3/4 depth, you can use them like this:

Tracksaw_clamps.jpg

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Joe is correct. I use them this way all the time on my MFT table to hold stuff down while sanding or routing edges etc. Vary handy.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I have two of Grizzly's and they work fine. I also have the DeWalt track saw clamps which work great for clamping the track but don't work to go through a hole in the bench this way. I modified a couple longer HF quick clamps by removing the stationary jaw and twisting the bar 90 degrees and bending it 90 degrees (after heating it red hot with a map gas torch). They work but won't put much pressure on things - they are HF clamps. I should try this with a better quick clamp sometime.

LB75

George
I have two of Grizzly's and they work fine. I also have the DeWalt track saw clamps which work great for clamping the track but don't work to go through a hole in the bench this way. I modified a couple longer HF quick clamps by removing the stationary jaw and twisting the bar 90 degrees and bending it 90 degrees (after heating it red hot with a map gas torch). They work but won't put much pressure on things - they are HF clamps. I should try this with a better quick clamp sometime.

I ran into the same problem with the Dewalt track clamps, really wish I could modify them to work with my MFT style table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS