Track Saw Users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
With the Festool TS55 and a track - yes, it is. As good as a table saw edge.

And if you ever work with MDF you will definitely appreciate the Festool Dust Collection over a skillsaw and straight edge. I know that from experience.

- Ken.

+1 for the dust collection with MDF. My bride was not too happy with me putting MDF dust all over the jogging stroller via my table saw and/or a circular saw (with shooting board). She was floored after my last project with how clean the Festool left the garage.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
A gentleman from Australia reviewed the Scheppach cs55 which apparently the Grizzly is just a rebadge of. He thought it was pretty good especially at the price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbPLc0lGdFw

On the clamps subject I have a set of the DeWalt's that I work great on the Festool. I prefer the pistol grip style quick clamps for speed, granted they don't integrate with the Festool MFT as the Festool track clamps do.

While it is no festool, it could still serve as a useful tool based on that review. My biggest cutting challenge is the final cross cuts for casework, table tops, etc. I usually need to borrow a pair of hands, situate the work on the table saw, then raise the blade into it and cut. This is not ideal but my circular saw is so flimsy that just the amount of pressure required to guide it causes blade-to-base deflection, burning and an otherwise terrible cut. Looking at that review, I could see a version of that saw being perfect for casework cross cuts and at a great price. If I depended on my tools to make a living however, I think I would have a sliding table saw or the festool track saw, but as a casual hobby woodworker I am now excited about the grizzly track saw.

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
While it is no festool, it could still serve as a useful tool based on that review. My biggest cutting challenge is the final cross cuts for casework, table tops, etc. I usually need to borrow a pair of hands, situate the work on the table saw, then raise the blade into it and cut. This is not ideal but my circular saw is so flimsy that just the amount of pressure required to guide it causes blade-to-base deflection, burning and an otherwise terrible cut. Looking at that review, I could see a version of that saw being perfect for casework cross cuts and at a great price. If I depended on my tools to make a living however, I think I would have a sliding table saw or the festool track saw, but as a casual hobby woodworker I am now excited about the grizzly track saw.

If you decide to pull the trigger on one, just make sure to let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS