Toys for God's Kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Not a member of that group, but I have cut out THOUSANDS of the car bodies for TWA to use with Toys for Tots. Cut over 800 this year, and have material on hand for 300 for next year.

ck1999

Chris
User
Hey Bruce thanks for responding. I was making some for Operation Christmas Child this year but I only made a few. And they were about 5 to 6 inch Long. Used a two-by-four for stock. Then hardwood dowels for axles and bought some wheels off of Amazon. But my cost was about about a $1.50 a car just want to see what other people were doing and what there we're able to do to keep costs down. I noticed on toys for God's kids look like their wheels were handmade but I'm not exactly sure how. What do you use for your cars?

Thanks

Chris

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
When I lived in Cary I was in charge of obtaining materials for the TWA (Triangle Woodworkers Assoc) Toys for Tots program that Bruce referenced. We got most of our parts from the below website. We would order their seconds for wheels. 99.9% were usable. We used dowels instead of pegs for our axles. They have great service. For wood we used lots of pine and 2x lumber (not pressure treated) and what members donated.

https://www.caseyswood.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS