Tormek Sharpening System - $275 (Etowah) GONE

Wiley's Woodworks

Wiley
Corporate Member
It is listed as a Supergrind 2000 system. A quick search on the internet did not turn up anything on this model. I suspect it is either an older/no longer made model or a lower grade than the T-4 and T-8 systems that are currently available. If it is a discontinued model that will make getting the missing accessories difficult. If anyone knows about this Supergrind 2000 system, please post.

cmarzahn

New User
Chuck
It is listed as a Supergrind 2000 system. A quick search on the internet did not turn up anything on this model. I suspect it is either an older/no longer made model or a lower grade than the T-4 and T-8 systems that are currently available. If it is a discontinued model that will make getting the missing accessories difficult. If anyone knows about this Supergrind 2000 system, please post.

The 2000 preceded the T-7 which, in turn, preceded the T-8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodlaker2

Ray
Corporate Member
I have the Supergrind 2000 and have had no problems with getting updated jigs to work on it. It is true there aren't a lot of references to older machines in today's Tormek ads. But if you look you can find information you need. Without pics and a list of jigs that come with it I cannot usefully comment on the price beinig asked. I gave some $370 for mine new back in the mid-90's and it still operates well. Replacing the stone can be a bit pricey but woodworking equipment in general is getting pricey compared to a decade or two ago.

blackhawk

Brad
Corporate Member
I have a Grizzly knock-off and a Tormek T7. $275 for the Supergrind2000 is an OK price if the stone is in good shape. The standard stone is around $200 to replace. He says that he has a black stone that comes with it, but it is damaged? The black stone is $230 new. The truing tool he lists is a later model with the threaded feed, but if the diamond is worn out, it costs over $50 to replace. The leather wheel is a must have for me and he is missing his, so that would be another cost. Without pics it is hard to tell.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors