Tool Score!

Status
Not open for further replies.

navy1990

New User
Matt
So I was helping a friend from church move today and we got to cleaning out his shed. I was moving items to the truck when I picked this up.

0016.JPG

View image in gallery

He told me not to bother putting it in the truck because it is broken. I told him (quite boldly) that I can fix it. He said that if I can fix it, it's mine. It's a 125 PSI, 3 GAL Craftsman air compressor. I don't know what's wrong with it or what it will take to fix it, but I'm sure gonna give it my best shot at fixing it. I'm sure I will probably be asking for help on here from time to time while fixing it.

Matt in Jacksonville

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
It is worth a try. Is all else fails, you can see if you can get a working model, and you've got spare parts!

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
looks like first step would be a dip stick plug. it appears to be missing. check oil level, fire it up and see whats wrong. depending on what you find it may be a great deal.:icon_thum

navy1990

New User
Matt
I will check the dipstick plug, but I found out a problem. The piston is frozen on the drive rod. Everything else moves freely, except the piston doesn't move on the rod. Any suggestions on breaking it free?

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I will check the dipstick plug, but I found out a problem. The piston is frozen on the drive rod. Everything else moves freely, except the piston doesn't move on the rod. Any suggestions on breaking it free?

take the head off and fill with penetrating oil. let sit for a few days and try tapping with a mallet. if it dont move get a bigger mallet?:gar-Bi
the parts may cost more than the compressor did when new.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
If this is an oilless compressor, the piston & rod are made one piece and do not move independently. Does the piston have a skirt? Does the compressor have a crankcase? If not, it is an oilless. The connecting rod rides on a ball bearing bolted to a counterweight that is direct coupled to the motor shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS