Tool Repair Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

buildintechie

New User
Jeff
All-
Do you have any recommendations for a tool repair shop?

I've got a corded DeWalt hammer drill that started smoking today when I tried to use it for mixing a bucket of thinset...its only 2 years old and has been lightly used.

I've also got my trusted DeWalt 18V XRP I got in 2001 for my birthday (when I was in HS...haha). It still works, but I feel like it's time for a good service...I've never done any maintenance on it.

I know there is a DeWalt shop in Raleigh, does anybody have any experience with them or do you have other suggestions...or does anybody on here do tool repair?

Thanks a ton!

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
There is an authorized PC/DeWalt service center in Raleigh on Capital Blvd. approx. 1/2 mile from the 440 beltline. I took a PC sander there to be repaired under warranty. Super nice folks. From the beltline it is on the right side, across the highway from the Uhaul center.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
There is an authorized PC/DeWalt service center in Raleigh on Capital Blvd. approx. 1/2 mile from the 440 beltline. I took a PC sander there to be repaired under warranty. Super nice folks. From the beltline it is on the right side, across the highway from the Uhaul center.

+1. I've used these folks several times, with good results. They even honored the warranty on a Dewalt drill that failed out of the box, but that I had not returned for repair in about 5 years. Talk about great service!

buildintechie

New User
Jeff
I went by Paynes this morning since its so close to where I live...before I could even say a word to the repair guys I was impolitely informed that my cordless drill wasn't worth repairing and I should just buy a new one from them. :wmad:

There isn't anything "broken" with the drill...I just figure after 10 or 11 years of use, that the brushes should probably be replaced, I'd like the clutch looked at since it slips sometimes, and the battery contacts oughta be cleaned/replaced. I was shocked at their manner towards me (and to boot...I was in my fire department uniform).

I thanked them for their time and walked right out...the only time I'll ever set foot in that place is if their fire alarm goes off or it catches fire since it's in my departments response district.

I guess I'll try the DeWalt place in Raleigh.

wood magnet

New User
kevin
...the only time I'll ever set foot in that place is if their fire alarm goes off or it catches fire since it's in my departments response district.

If their premises does go up in flames, tell them it aint' worth saving and they
should build another store with the insurance payout. :realmad: :gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors