Tool Hunting In Wilmington

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeNC

New User
Lee
I am going to be in the downtown area of Wilmington NC this weekend for a triathlon and was wondering if anyone knew of any shops that carried old tools? I am going to be swimming for an Ironman relay team (2.4 miles) and it should only take me about and hour. My wife will be doing the whole ½ Ironman so I will have some free time. If you do not want to publicly display the name(s), please send and PM if you have any places I should check out.

Thanks,
Lee

skeeter

New User
Charles
Sorry but I personally don't know of anywhere that sells old tools. I will call around and post if I come up with something. Maybe someone else knows of somewhere.

Good luck to you and your wife in the Ironman events.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Lee,
Sorry I don't know of an old tool place either. But if you have time, because they close @1 PM on Saturdays, drop by Tools Plus on Park Ave./South College Rd. Small place, but packed with all kinds of stuff. Good luck in the race, Jim

Tools Plus - 4518 Park Ave
Wilmington, NC 28403 (910) 392-2176

sapwood

New User
Roger
Lee,
No ideas for "tools" other than Tools Plus as Jim mentioned.
However, I always enjoy visiting Barouke's located downtown near the waterfront. Self-described as "The Woodcrafter's Gallery", it's chock full of cool wood crafts and guaranteed to spark ideas for new projects to "borrow". :icon_thum

HTH,
Roger

LeeNC

New User
Lee
Thanks all. I am sure I will be taking a stroll down the water front. The free water taxy launch is there. I will make sure to stop in Barouke's.

If old tools are out. I might just have to do some fishing to pass some time. Darn. :)

Lee

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Blues, Flounder and Red Drum are all over the place in Wrightsville Beach, cut mullet works best. :banana: Jim

LeeNC

New User
Lee
Blues, Flounder and Red Drum are all over the place in Wrightsville Beach, cut mullet works best. :banana: Jim

OH YEAH BABY!:eusa_danc

Thanks.

Hopefuly I do not do any fish'n during the swim. :rotflm:
Lee:gar-La;

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Lee,

I'll have to join in in saying that I don't know of any antique tool stores around either. :no: But there are plenty of great shops downtown, especially in and around the Cotton Exchange (across from the Hilton). Definitely check in there. Good luck in the triathlon. Man, I've gotta get around to doing one of those sometime. All I'm missing is a road bike. I don't think it'd be very fun doing that distance on my beach cruiser. :gar-La;

Best of luck! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

LeeNC

New User
Lee
Thanks for the moral support. I’m only doing the swim. As a former competitive swimmer (some 20+ yrs ago) this part is not that scary to me. The run, now that is another story. This next birthday is my big 40. I am going to try a Tri or two before I reach 41. I keep seeing people slogging it out on the run at the end of races I have swam at and I finally decided that I could do it too. This is not a put down of the people at the back of the race, quite the contrary, they have inspired me to think that I should give it a try too. If you are serious about doing a Tri, I would look into used bikes. Kind of like used tools, there are some real deals out there. A local team or club can be a great source of equipment and advise/training.

Lee

skeeter

New User
Charles
Lee, if you have time while you're down town, KMI (Kids Making It) is just a few blocks from Baroukes.

LeeNC

New User
Lee
Both KMI and Baroukes are no the short list of places to see when I am by the river. Thanks to all for the information.

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS