Tool Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCraig

New User
Jerry
Thanks to Bwat for posting a listing off C/L today, and thanks to my son RCFlyer23 in Davidson for calling me and telling me about it. I was able to pick this up today for $100.:gar-Bi
BILD0653.JPG

View image in gallery

Thanks Bwat and thanks RCFlyer23. It looks like new. Had two bits that had not even been opened. I just had to open one and try it. Only problem is the holes are square:wsmile:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
NICE score! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc That is definitely on my list of things to get. Glad you got such a great deal! :icon_thum

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
NICE score! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc That is definitely on my list of things to get. Glad you got such a great deal! :icon_thum

Yeah one of these days I'm actually going to get on one of these great deals I keep throwing his way.:gar-La;

JCraig

New User
Jerry
Well, at least you know you will one day get this one.:gar-Bi, but I hope that's a long way off:icon_thum

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
OK, that's DEFINITELY a gloat. *whine* I want one!!! :rolf:

jhreed

New User
james
I advise everyone to get these from Craig's List. Mine is a Delta and has a couple of spots of rust. Gave $60.00 for mine. This is at least a $350.00 tool. I see them all the time for $150.00 and less. Most are $100.00. Most of these have very little use and they are hard to wear out. Great score.
James

bwat

New User
Bill
Great! I'm glad someone here was able to benefit. :icon_thum Was the $150 Jet 14" bandsaw still there when you picked up the mortiser? Any other bargains being sold there?

JCraig

New User
Jerry
Bill, the band saw was there. The tires were coming apart from dry rot, they were in pieces. He had a router, but was not ready to sell yet. Had a couple of out feed rollers like you can get at HF for $15.00 Oh! two of the 3 blades for the band saw were pretty well rusted, but one was still in the box brand new. The table on the saw had surface rust, but other than that it was okay. He said he knew he was giving the band saw away, but it was given to him and he was just trying to pass along to someone that would take care and enjoying using it. The mortise machine was given to him also. He had never used it. It really is like new. Thanks again. and thanks again to RCFlyer23, my son, he has helped me get a bunch of tools. JReed has also been very helpful. He sent me receipts for Lowe's so I could get a new Delta band saw and drill press, "Cheap". This is a great forum:gar-Bi

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Congratulations on your new score!

I've been enjoying breaking in my brand-new Powermatic 701 mortiser as well -- took deliver of it Monday evening.

Unfortunately, my time with it has been largely limited to setting it up and checking it out (plus a few test mortises) -- I've been busy adapting a new (Carter) circle cutting jig to my bandsaw (Rikon 18") this week! I should be able to easily cut circles from about 4" to 4'-6" when done with minimal setup once my modifications are complete. I don't have to cut circles very often, but wanted a setup that could fill the need when I needed accurate circles larger than what I can make on my drill press.

I don't know about you, but now that I can accurately make mortises, I guess I'm gonna have to learn how to make equally accurate tenons next! Given that I really love the Arts & Crafts style, I very much look forward to mastering mortise and tenon construction in the coming years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS