Tool Gloat - and this time I can blame someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC_Horn

Duane
Corporate Member
It's all chris_goris's fault. After seeing and using his drum sander, I started watching CL for one of my own. Yesterday I found one I could afford (under 45% retail) for a like new Performax 16-32 plus with the Infeed/Outfeed tables and 4 additional rolls of paper. Not the big 22-44 that Chris has but I am thrilled with it. A drive thru the pouring rain to Welcome to look at the sander. Turns out the owner was someone I that worked at the same place I did for years. When I got out of the truck, we both looked at each other saying, you look familiar. Ended up spending quite a long time talking about where we used to work, who we both knew and about woodworking. He is a big turner, into HF and airbrush. He even invited me back to show me some tricks on the lathe as bowls and HF are definitely not my strong points. By the time we finished, the sky had lightened up so we loaded the sander, wrapped it in a tarp and I was able to get it home with no rain falling on me. Now have some shop cleanout, again, to be able to find a permanent home for it.

101_1643.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Duane

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
Nice score! Take him up on teaching you some of his tricks. Sound like it will be worth the time.

Red

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Very Nice~! I have the same one and love it...But I don't have the extension tables, that would be nice.

Congratulations~!

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
nice score Duane...I have the same one and love it.I use it on every project I think.....Dont know how i got anything done before I got mine...Enjoyyyyy:icon_thum

novice99

New User
Mike
nice score, you will love it. Picked mine up similarly a few years back and can't imagine the shop without it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS