Tool for dremel tool bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
http://www.stewmac.com/Luthier_Tool...n=2016-07-gp&gclid=CJL46PKckc4CFYkehgodJ-MKyQ

I have to do some very small things from time to time and the adjustments are tiny. I found the dremel tool jig made by the musical instrument building site Stewart Macdonald to be very helpful.

Take a look at the tools they feature for guitar work and maybe it will be useful for something you are working. I have the tool they feature at this address and I really like it. I didn't think I would use it that much but once I had it, I am putting the holder to work quite often.

Might help

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
10 years ago, that was over a hundred dollars!

Here is a cheaper alternative:

BS_Insert_5_.JPG

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Thanks Joe and Mike. I can see the bigger base and plunge option working for some small inlay stuff. At 25 bucks its tough to beat.

I used a simple scraper to put the small channel on the hoops in the past. With the dremel, I can cut the channel quickly with the tiny straight bit. I have been using the StewMac tool but I think the one Joe shows would work.

dan

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
When you are through monkeying around with Dremel move on up to the best Proxxon. Made in Germany with the highest quality.
28481.jpg

Pop :eusa_danc

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I have the one from Stew-Mac referenced above, but here is another high-end one from Lee Valley Tools. $169 for what you see. I just wish someone had small LED lights with a gooseneck end that can focus added illumination on the work area.

05J6501s14b.jpg

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
I have both the drill press and plunge base.There's quite a bit of flex in both but it is still usable.I was surprised how much it can be used for.
I also have a fixed base for a rotozip that is useful when more power is needed for smaller spaces where a router is too big.
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS