Tool Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker

New User
Stephen
After having my tools stuffed in every drawer, cranny or sitting on a shelf for years I felt it was high time to build them a home. The cabinet is Cherry with a shellac over BLO finish. Design is my own with a few borrowed ideas from the FWW archives. Still somewhat of work in progress as the task of mounting the tools is endless. Thanks for taking a look.

100_0208.JPG
100_0207.JPG
100_02051.JPG

100_0204.JPG
100_0202.JPG

Last edited:

G_ville_worker

New User
Bryan
Man, that is stunning! Great job. What kind of shellac did you use? Amber, Garnet, etc. I haven't used shellac before and was wondering how much it would color the cherry.

I hope to make something that nice one day for my tools.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Wow! That is a beautiful piece of furniture..dovetails and all the cubby holes. Lots of storage in a small space. Great job. :icon_thum:icon_thum

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Ain't nothing in my shop that REMOTELY resembles that piece of furniture! Beautiful job, man.

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Shamrock

New User
Michael
WOW-now that's a tool cabinet-very very nice!!

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:clamps-clamps-why do I never have enough clamps

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Very, very nice. I love all the details that went into it:

Dovetails

Turned knobs

Cherry

All the drawers and the raised panel doors!

Very inspiring!

Last edited:

skeeter

New User
Charles
Stephen, that looks too nice to go in the garage. Awesome job. No wasted space, everything has its own bin or cubby.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Absolutely gorgeous. I really like the purpleheart pulls and plane tills. It must be wonderful to be able to put up all your tools :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
That looks awesome! I have somehing like tht on my to-do list. I REALLY like the door handles. Any chance of a close-up shot of them? Also what sort of catch did you use to keep the doors closed. Iagree with the others that the finish is spot on!

Doug

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Just beautiful!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

That would be at the top of my "to do list" if I had the vertical space and any decent hand tools!! :dontknow::dontknow:

SRhody

New User
Stacey
Awesome! Can't add anymore comments that haven't already been said.:eusa_clap

Can you give us a rough dimension? How did you hang it on the wall, with all the tools is probably fairly heavy.:eusa_thin

I'm very interested in any hints on how you did the front face handles...:icon_scra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS