Tongue Drum question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I was looking through my stash of scroll saw magz and came across the plans for a "tongue drum" I think DaveO sent them to me - I am missing one of the pages - the plans are out of The Woodmagizine - no idea what month or year - does anyone have these plans that could tell me what is on the missing page 60 - you don't have to send it to me just shootme a PM and I will give you my phone# and we can talk about it - Also if anyone has made these I have read where alot of the top/tongue section are made out of PH, Paduka, Rosewood or Beech - will Maple be ok to use - I do not want to put alot of money into this first one

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Phillip, I think the reason Paduak is recommended is for sound quality. I made a short video of one I made from the Wood plan. Quite a few of us made that drum for Christmas gifts. Ooooops, looks like the little video is gone! Acyually, it's the pic that has disappeared....the little X on the bottom will start it up...
Enjoy this project..I did.

Tongue_Drum_003.jpg

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Thanks Joe - I wish I could do the wood recommened but the money is very tight - I have plenty of spalted maple and if it doesn't work to well it will look cool - If it makes any sound my grandson will love it :icon_thum

PChristy

New User
Phillip
ME and case/box work:nah: not good - tried my hand at the drum today - took me longer then I thought it would - found out I didn't have enough clamps quick - I think that I am going to stick with my scrollsaw and lathe:no:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors