TommyT654

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Alright....I'm :kamahlitu

Below is the PM I sent him last night...
Originally Posted by tommyt654
I know this may be late, but did you call Home Depot,s customer care and ask if they could find a R4511 in the state somewhere that wasn,t sold yet. If so you might could get them to ship to the store closest to you and you could purchase it over the phone right then. If not see if there are any available elsewhere and maybe see if you can have it shipped direct to your home, Its heavy @ 475 # but its already packaged for freight shipping (has a steel cage around it), So it could be a easy ship other than the weight problem and at $299 it is a heck of a saw.
In response to your Post (as quoted above) in the Table Saw - Decided Once, Decided Twice, Disgusted Again thread:

Hey Tommy,

Just changed helluva to heck of a...

Profanity is prohibited and that's real close.

Thanks for your participation though, it's what makes N.C.WW'er what it is!!

Here's his response....

tommyt654 said:
Guess I,ll throw my Bible out cause last time I checked **** was in there a nd so was ****ation, Get over it Biblethumper, Geez

And then this thread...

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f105/moderators-need-lighten-up-29096/

I moderated the thread and haven't sent him a PM yet. Collecting my thoughts.....

Am I right? or Wrong?

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I support your call and support closing down "Moderators need to lighten up".

His post (second one) is way out of line and disrespectful of your job. An adult would have kept the conversation private.

Jim

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well let's see he's been a member for less than a year, only posted 115 times, with 48 threads. I don't think he is qualified to critique or criticize what goes on to make this welcoming to all.

People tend to get crabby in the winter too :kamahlitu

Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Great job!! I would have to gather my thoughts also. I would quote the policy sections that caused you to make the call and leave it at that. You can't have a personal interaction with this type and have it come out positive.
JMTCW

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I agree with Phillip's actions.

Yes, the word is in the Bible, and the dictionary... the problem is more in how we use it rather than the word itself. To say that '**** is a horrible place' is not offensive, but if you tell someone to go there, that is offensive.

I also agree, that a bit of deference to the mods and admins is appropriate.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Someone needs to switch to decaf. :gar-Bi You made the right call. The OP does not have the context to understand why his wording was out of line and should therefore take it in stride. Almost everyone has been moderated at one time or another, myself included, multiple times.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
To be a nit picker, our policy is clear on "Profane, Vulgar, or Obscene Language or any representation of such language."

I'd say **** in this context is a violation as well.

Oh wait, then this post needs moderated. Hmmm, what about " "? :p

Jim

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Obviously, *** is not as bad as ***** or even *******. Clearly not in the same league as some of the other things people have posted, like ********, **********, ****** and most recently ******** ********* ***********. Still, even words as innocent as **** can easily lead to ******, and horror of horrors, ************************!

So, good call. The reaction to your moderation PM was *******, to say the least. This is why we are so highly compensated.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Phillip +1 for doing the right thing. I loved the follow up thread wher dragon came to the defense of the moderators. He is truly in the top 5 of most moderated.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Obviously, *** is not as bad as ***** or even *******. Clearly not in the same league as some of the other things people have posted, like ********, **********, ****** and most recently ******** ********* ***********. Still, even words as innocent as **** can easily lead to ******, and horror of horrors, ************************!

So, good call. The reaction to your moderation PM was *******, to say the least. This is why we are so highly compensated.

OM*G, ROFLM**O !!!:rotflm:

Glennbear

Glenn
Well done Phillip :eusa_clap I would just add that I wholeheartedly agree with Tracy's reasoning that whenever possible we quote NCWW policy verbatim whenever possible since that tends to make the moderation look less like a personal decision and more like "just following the rules". JMTCW. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS