Jeff
It's a Biscuit Machine made with Redneck Logging - Thanks FredP wood

Biscuit_Machine.JPG

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks real good. Look even better if it had a lil' flour on it:gar-Bi
Gotta know, though. How'd ya get it round without a spinny thingy?:eusa_thin:eusa_thin

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Yall be carefully next time your doing redneck logging, dutchman can get ya and with pine barber chairs can be easy to incurr. Next time I'm up, I'll voluteer to help in that evolution. Looks like fun!

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I guess if Jeff wants to make a rolling pin on a router with a jig & he can figure out how to do it that way with those results I'll just hafta say WTG. :icon_thum
But if that thing makes crooked biscuits I wanna know about it.
I don't like crooked biscuits.:gar-La;

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I guess if Jeff wants to make a rolling pin on a router with a jig & he can figure out how to do it that way with those results I'll just hafta say WTG. :icon_thum
But if that thing makes crooked biscuits I wanna know about it.
I don't like crooked biscuits.:gar-La;

Crooked biscuits are ok- it's the ones that could be used a hockey pucks I don't like much.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Yeah, oh... :roll:

Make a rectangle box with no top, rabbit top of sides, drill a hole in the center of each end. Take square wood, cut to length, find the center of each end and drill small hole. Put square wood in box and screw in one end tightly enough that wood still turns but does not move. The other end, screw in table leg holder bolt and attach crank handle to threaded end. Make base for router to ride in rabbits on top of box. Fit router with straight bottom cutting bit. turn crank slowly while moving router slowly from one end to the other, return router to other end, drop bit a little and repeat. After a few passes square wood is round and smooth, no 300 MPH spinny machine or wood beaters required.

I'm thinking through a way to make adjustable length box, templates and router base to make duplicate spindles. Thinking of evenly spaced dado's in box sides to move one box end to any length, hardboard templates attached to box sides and a length of round rod or something made of wood attached to router base bottom to ride on top of templates, will it work? I don't know... but hey I got this far didn't I?

I'm not sharing pics either because I cobbled it together on a whim to see if it would work - it does and it looks real bad :roll:

Lathe just say NO :gar-La;

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I'm not sharing pics either because I cobbled it together on a whim to see if it would work - it does and it looks real bad :roll:

Lathe just say NO :gar-La;[/QUOTE]

as does most of my jigs.:gar-Bi once you know it works the second one can be pretty...... or not......:rotflm:

Dragon

New User
David

Lathe just say NO :gar-La;

as does most of my jigs.:gar-Bi once you know it works the second one can be pretty...... or not......:rotflm:[/QUOTE]

Well now, no pics.....didn't happen so this just totally negates the entire thread now don't it?:nah:
Way cool way to do that "redneck logging" sorta stuff. I'm finally getting started on building my router sled and so far have the main framework cut and installed. Now all I gotta do is build the actual sled itself and we'll put up some pitchurs.

Anyway Fred, that's a dang nice job you did on that biscuit machine. Anybody up for a run over to Fred's place to see if it actually works????????

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
as does most of my jigs.:gar-Bi once you know it works the second one can be pretty...... or not......:rotflm:

Well now, no pics.....didn't happen so this just totally negates the entire thread now don't it?:nah:
Way cool way to do that "redneck logging" sorta stuff. I'm finally getting started on building my router sled and so far have the main framework cut and installed. Now all I gotta do is build the actual sled itself and we'll put up some pitchurs.

Anyway Fred, that's a dang nice job you did on that biscuit machine. Anybody up for a run over to Fred's place to see if it actually works????????[/QUOTE]

that may not work out so good dragon...... Jeff made the biskit maker.:rotflm:

sawduster

New User
Robert
Pretty dang clever bro :icon_thum

....of course with a lathe even the painting would have been easier :slap:

Good job ! :icon_thum

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Were the handles taken from somethin else?

That is the part I don't believe you could make with a router and template.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS