todays project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
this started out as one single board.:gar-Bi a large board..... it was 23" x 10' x 3" thick. black locust [yeh I never learn.] sawduster came by after work yesterday to help me get it in the shop and up on a bench so's I could start whittlin on it.:gar-La; got the whole set of rails out of it exept the top handrails. they are brazillian cherry. after looking at the pic I guess it's time to do some power washin!:rotflm: I dont think I'll have a rot problem but we will see if the stuff stay's strait and together. gettin ready to slop some paint now!:gar-Bi

IMG_20621.JPG

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
That's toooooooo pretty to paint!!!!

yeh I know but .......:gar-La; they are shop built. everything was fitted and then assembled with screws [blind] I despise nails.:gar-Bi after it was made then I carried it out and tap con'd it in. surprisingly it fit!:rotflm: if I stained it that would be on me but paint????? thats the little womans thing.:gar-La; I don't paint......

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Tap cons are GREAT!! I guess we'll let you slide this ONE time!! The fit looks great to not have been site built ;-)

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Nice work Fred. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Please don't show a picture after its painted though. That's way too pretty to paint. :gar-Cr

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Beautiful job. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

May want to do that pressure washing before the paint (ugh, too pretty) tho. Oh I see: LOYL paints it, then you pressure wash and blow it all off, and say "Sorry, sweet thang, musta been some bad paint", and she gets frustrated and just lets it be. Nevermind...

Why do they call it Black Locust? It sure ain't black, and don't look like none of them noisy critters we get around here in the summer!!:dontknow:

Go

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Beautiful job. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

May want to do that pressure washing before the paint (ugh, too pretty) tho. Oh I see: LOYL paints it, then you pressure wash and blow it all off, and say "Sorry, sweet thang, musta been some bad paint", and she gets frustrated and just lets it be. Nevermind...

Why do they call it Black Locust? It sure ain't black, and don't look like none of them noisy critters we get around here in the summer!!:dontknow:

Go

+1

Too Pretty to Paint~!

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
That was a big hunk of black walnut. You cut it with a chainsaw or that Delta bandsaw you got?

robert came by and helped me get it in the shop friday night. so I figured the longest lengths I needed and cut it shorter with a skill saw. it was
3 1/2" thick so I had to turn it over to complete the cut. then I slid it on the TS table and ripped it wide enough for 2 posts. of coarse I had to do it in 2 passes because of the thickness. rip turn flip and rip......:gar-Bi now I have three pieces that one man [ME] can handle. the rest was easy.....:rotflm: locust is quite heavy.:roll: got 2 coats of paint on and the power washing will wait till spring.:gar-Bi there is normally a dozen or so bicycles there so I never see it.:rotflm:

sawduster

New User
Robert
:eek: :eek: :eek: dang dood , that sure looks a lot different than what we toted in there !

That looks awesome :notworthy:

Now you just tell Kim , " no way your gonna paint that woman, I wear the pants in this family and I forbid ...." ummmm nice job man, gonna be just fine painted :eusa_doh: :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS