Tired of hitting roots with your mower?

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a couple of surface roots from a tree that we had taken down. I'll be picking up one of those disks soon

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I have a couple of surface roots from a tree that we had taken down. I'll be picking up one of those disks soon
If you took the tree out, you should dig out the roots and backfill. Otherwise, they will decay and you will have a trough in the yard.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
If you took the tree out, you should dig out the roots and backfill. Otherwise, they will decay and you will have a trough in the yard.

Help us out here, Scott, with a little more of your experience in this field. I had some pine trees taken out in 1996 and I'm still busting blades on the roots 2.5 decades later. What can we do to speed up that process other than what's shown on that great video?

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Help us out here, Scott, with a little more of your experience in this field. I had some pine trees taken out in 1996 and I'm still busting blades on the roots 2.5 decades later. What can we do to speed up that process other than what's shown on that great video?
Well, I have had very different results, still filling in some trenches.
I too use a carbide blade on a sawsall

smurg

New User
Marty
Not good for the tree. Better to fill with top soil. Many people mow too low to start with.

For those of us with warm season grass: bermuda, zoysia, etc, most like to be cut lower.

Another alternative is a cut-off disk to sever and then dig up the roots.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS