Time to unload

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Well the time has come to finally admit to myself that I will no longer being doing any wood working. So I will selling off the almost everything in my shop/Garage. The real problem is that in general I can no longer move things around to get details people might want. Also somethings might have small things missing. They might just be there, but i will not be able to dig things up to find. So what I want to try, is having interested people come over look around see if there is something they would like. Make me an offer on an item(s) and see if we can deal. Besides some of the bigger items the loads of small things, but you’ll have to search for them yourself. Also there are some items in their original unopened boxes and others that were purchased, assembled and tried out. As we clear things out, my wife and i will try to organize and inventory the remaining items.

Also not everything will be for sale. I Want to keep a set of basic tools. This will begin on Tuesday Apr 26th. I will attach pictures of what I can see right now and any info that I can remember. And I will add more info as something’s are removed and I can see
THINGS ALREADY SOLD AS OF 14:42
1 Sortainer stack
festool sys 125 sander with sustainer and sandpaper in sustainer
Router bits in storage racks
About 20 combination ratchet/open wrenches.

36D6FCBC-7B73-4C81-B6B6-2BEC6BDDC243.jpeg
FED0677D-B485-401D-BF39-684D8BF01AAD.jpeg

76A6CF75-0C42-4A8F-A6A3-49451388D303.jpeg
EB43FD1F-70CF-4FDC-84A8-E710EF213794.jpeg
90029EC0-A72B-4B1B-9084-2D09C40C2325.jpeg
4E1A5593-4941-453B-9B5C-0937A2F3C377.jpeg

Attachments

• FD80B27D-90B5-47A4-B9EF-9AE2D23409DA.jpeg
    FD80B27D-90B5-47A4-B9EF-9AE2D23409DA.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 281
  • EF0D11E3-BCAB-4E60-A443-238569B40D08.jpeg
    EF0D11E3-BCAB-4E60-A443-238569B40D08.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 292
Last edited:

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I'm interested in the Rikon bandsaw and ???
PM me with a time and address for me to come by and check it out.

jlimey

Jeff
Corporate Member
Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear that you are not able to continue with the hobby., I would be interested in the slow speed grinder.

PM me with a time to come by.

Thanks,

Jeff

Last edited:

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Steve, I too am sorry you can no longer enjoy your woodworking hobby! All of us on the site owe you a debt of gratitude for developing the site and providing leadership during the early years! As to the items in your shop, I would be interested in the Festool Sortainers. Let me know the details...I am in the Raleigh area, so I can come whenever it is convenient for you.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Steve, sorry to hear that you are bowing out. I too am faced with a similar decision. I just started chemo and might not get back in the shop.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Steve, sorry to see you reach this stage in your life, I almost quit last year. Glad I was able to adjust so far. If you need help moving or sorting things I can help. Wish I could buy some of the tools but I simply don’t have any more space. Will be clearing out some soon myself.

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would be interested in coming by and see what I can find

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Steve, I’m truly sorry you have reached this crossroad. Please let us know if you need any help working through this transition, helping you organize any of this stuff for sale.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
I am so sorry you will no longer enjoy your woodworking craft, but please know this, your great achievement in woodworking was not made with those tool but with your heart and soul when you created this group. I will always be grateful to you for giving this great site, and fellowship to us. Jim

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
So sorry to hear that you are moving on from making sawdust and fine things. Just know that your efforts to get this organization up, running and operating as it does are damn well appreciated. In just the few months I have been a member here I have learned tons. One of the best things I've learned is the community of woodworkers in this area is freely giving of their advice (so easily done but successfully made here), time, experience, and even their space and tools at times.

Well done sir!

I have an interest in the Nova lathe, but I'll let others that have offered their help above get the model and relative worth since I can't get up to your area just for a look see. If anyone could PM me with more info later on it would be appreciated.

You not only made your passion appear in what you physically made, you also made your mark in making sure such woodworking knowledge and traditions are passed on.

Sincerely, thank you.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Well the time has come to finally admit to myself that I will no longer being doing any wood working. So I will selling off the almost everything in my shop/Garage. The real problem is that in general I can no longer move things around to get details people might want. Also somethings might have small things missing. They might just be there, but i will not be able to dig things up to find. So what I want to try, is having interested people come over look around see if there is something they would like. Make me an offer on an item(s) and see if we can deal. Besides some of the bigger items the loads of small things, but you’ll have to search for them yourself. Also there are some items in their original unopened boxes and others that were purchased, assembled and tried out. As we clear things out, my wife and i will try to organize and inventory the remaining items.

Also not everything will be for sale. I Want to keep a set of basic tools. This will begin on Tuesday Apr 26th. I will attach pictures of what I can see right now and any info that I can remember. And I will add more info as something’s are removed and I can see View attachment 210131View attachment 210132

View attachment 210133View attachment 210134View attachment 210135View attachment 210136
Very sorry to hear this. You are a legend! We all owe you so much!

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
Sorry to hear. The forum is a huge benefit to many, many people - thank you for your foresight and hard work in bringing it to life.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
To those who have responded with the very appreciated messages, they mean a lot to me, and a heartfelt thank you.
today, i will be away from home. The rest of the week is pretty clear. so just Pm me and give the approx time you’ll be here and I’ll respond wIth address and phone Number.

But that will not happen until later in the day, sorry.

Not shown is a Vega 36 inch lathe Duplicator with some small parts missing.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Sorry to hear you have to give up something you love Steve. I am interested in the bench grinder and possibly a Nova chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS