Tightbond glue close out

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Lowe’s is closing out their inventory of Titebond Brown interior/Exterior glue in the 10 oz bottles!
IF your local Lowe’s has it, it will be $.29 per 10 oz bottle! You might want to check on it.

Echd

C
User
There was a darker formulation of some of the titebonds which was nice for darker wood but I don't think I've ever seen it at lowes.

The danville VA store listed it at 29 cents, but as good a deal as it is, I don't really want to contend with the nasty roads just to find out that they didn't actually have any in stock... looks like it's the 10 oz TBIII bottles, the ones that say "25% free" on them. My guess is the sku is being replaced with an 8oz one at the previous regular price.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Garner had 1 left on shelf that could be found, $0.29
Smithfield had a bunch but at $3.xx and they would not match the $0.29 price.
Other stores still list at full price so your mileage may vary.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Is the Gorilla glue the same as Titebond, just a different label? I prefer the smaller containers and it was convenient to be ablw to pick up at Lowes as opposed to traveling to Cary or Winston to Klingspor

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Is the Gorilla glue the same as Titebond, just a different label? I prefer the smaller containers and it was convenient to be ablw to pick up at Lowes as opposed to traveling to Cary or Winston to Klingspor
No not the same:

• Gorilla Glue is a polyurethane glue and Titebond III is an aliphatic resin glue.
  • Gorilla glue will adhere to more substances but Titebond III gives a better wood to wood bond.

That being said Gorilla Glue may have a line of glue similar to Titebond that I've not seen.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Garner had 1 left on shelf that could be found, $0.29
Smithfield had a bunch but at $3.xx and they would not match the $0.29 price.
Other stores still list at full price so your mileage may vary.
I just checked and the Greer store closest to me saw still full price, but the two other stores in the area show it at 0.29! weird!

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
I just checked and the Greer store closest to me saw still full price, but the two other stores in the area show it at 0.29! weird!

I've noticed that I lot with Lowe's, more than some other big box stores that Clearance items are very store specific. And sometimes you can purchase online for pickup, other are in-store only.

Dbush714

DB
User
Here is a link to check inventory.

Using this site (thanks Mike) Weaverville, Marion and Banner Elk stores presumably have quite a bit of inventory at the $.29 price while Asheville stores are at almost full price. As Daniel indicated, the in-store only option was required at Weaverville which is the store closet to me. Maybe there will still be some when I need to head that way Thursday afternoon! Not gonna drive there just for two bottles of glue, even if it is 95% off! LOL

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Lowes has a line og yellow glue with the Gorilla Glue logo. This is different from the historical Gorilla glue.

njohnston924

New User
Nate
I called the Salisbury store this evening and customer service said they had 30 something left. Got there about 45 minutes later and employees said someone bought all their stock yesterday. I should’ve known better than to trust whatever their inventory says

Last edited:

gtrboy77

Dean
User
Here is a link to check inventory.

I’ve never heard of or seen that website before, but if it’s accurate, that’s awesome. I plan to drive out to Lowe’s this morning and see if it’s true. Hopefully, I won’t have a hard time finding the product and also I hope they don’t ring it up wrong or give me crap about it.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
I’ve never heard of or seen that website before, but if it’s accurate, that’s awesome. I plan to drive out to Lowe’s this morning and see if it’s true. Hopefully, I won’t have a hard time finding the product and also I hope they don’t ring it up wrong or give me crap about it.
I've used it a few times, the lower the inventory the more likely to be out of stock when you get to store. Hardest part sometimes is finding the right product number to search for.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS