Ticket sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

I've been preoccupied with work on a cabinet commission and three 10-hour days this week working on the Randy Osborne Project (I will post pictures shortly). I'll light a fire under it and see if we can stimulate more sales -- $90 a day isn't going to cut it!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

McRabbet

I had an email this morning from Rob Sitze, Jr. who proposed extending ticket sales to the day of the picnic. Not a bad idea, because I'm sure that we would people that would otherwise not have gotten "enough" or any tickets. However, it means we would need to change the rules and we might impact some sales in the interim. As it is, we should change the rules because of the changeover from PayPal to Google. What is the pleasure of the Board?

Before you answer, remember that we got criticized last fall because we did not follow the rules at the last minute and I do not want to give members the impression that we change the rules "willy-nilly".

Please post a reply in this thread.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I think we can use the change over to google from paypal as the reason for extending the sales to a specific time at the picnic.

Last edited:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Tracking last minute sales is NOT going to be fun, but I am ok with it.

Who is getting or has the roll of tickets we are going to be using?

M

McRabbet

Per our Raffle setup discussions, I believe that ScottM is responsible for the roll of tickets -- that's what is in the Rules (Items 8-10). Scott should give the starting ticket number to Travis so he can generate the official email to each ticket buyer as they purchase them (BTW, I would recommend all emails be send with a Read Receipt). Once we get close to the closing date, Scott will need to prepare ticket stubs that correspond to all of the sold tickets and we will use them for the actual drawing at the picnic. If we extend sales to the day of picnic, then we will need the remaining roll of tickets and a valid way to enter them into Travis' system. (I'd recommend only cash sales on the day of the picnic if we approve them.)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Per our Raffle setup discussions, I believe that ScottM is responsible for the roll of tickets -- that's what is in the Rules (Items 8-10). Scott should give the starting ticket number to Travis so he can generate the official email to each ticket buyer as they purchase them (BTW, I would recommend all emails be send with a Read Receipt). Once we get close to the closing date, Scott will need to prepare ticket stubs that correspond to all of the sold tickets and we will use them for the actual drawing at the picnic. If we extend sales to the day of picnic, then we will need the remaining roll of tickets and a valid way to enter them into Travis' system. (I'd recommend only cash sales on the day of the picnic if we approve them.)

We used up the last of the roll with the last event. That is not a issue. Travis when do we need the numbers?

M

McRabbet

OK -- I just finished my commission project and I will begin a series on each of the prizes in the drawing. I apologize for not pushing earlier, but I've been pushing hard for the past few weeks since we made the initial announcement. We still have nearly three weeks to the official end of ticket sales, so we can still achieve some good results.

Do we want to extend sales to the Picnic and make them "Cash Only"? If we do that I need to update the Rules (but I guess I already asked that question!).

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Here is an idea... create a teaser post entitled "How about a $500.00 Festool product for 5 bucks?" or something similar.

When folks open it, have a photo of the prize and a link to the raffle.

Every few days change it up.

Some stories from past winners about how they've used their prizes would also stir some interest.

Next raffle, since I'll be eligible, you can bet that I'll be buying some tickets. Y'all better not stiff me and start buying crappy prizes in the future raffles, either.... :gar-La;

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
As of today, we have $2065 in ticket sales including the $135 I received from Rob in the mail today.

Sorry for my delay in responding Rob. Today has been a travel day.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Did it hurt us when PayPal decided to shut us down. A drawing is not the same as a raffle in my way of thinking. Would it help to start talking about the raffle more? I know time is running out but we need something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors