Ticket sales at the picnic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I know we are allowing ticket sales at the picnic, for cash only, but how do we want to handle it?

Specifically, who and how?

Do we want to give each BOD member some tickets and allow them to sell them and collect the stubs and cash or do we want a single soul relegated to the task wearing a beanie or some other identifier?

Thoughts/suggestions?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would like not to be involved. The picnic itself is more then enough for me.

SORRY

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Scott, I have no qualms with your not wanting to be involved. I totally respect it, but I would like to get discussion going in how we (and you) think we should handle them.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I'll be at Bruce's helping hin (peeling potatoes (ugh) etc. si I won't be available to helpsell tickets.

I'

M

McRabbet

Travis, I will be more than happy to help with ticket sales, but we need some form of record keeping, particularly if a person buys a ticket at the picnic (or several) and then cannot take his/her prize home or they need to leave for an emergency before the drawing. One option would be to have each individual buying tickets fill out a form like our Mail-In Form (I can kake and print one for the Picnic) and hand it in with their cash money. Then they could be issued their tickets. and we would write the nticket numbers on the form for our record.

Another option: I have an Inverter and can bring it with my laptop and we could record sales in a spreadsheet with name, address, phone and email address pretty quickly. You may already have something set up on a laptop, but I think it easier if people came to a spot to buy their ticket versus us running around just selling chances. Because we do not have power at the picnic, I couldn't print results.

IMHO JMTCW YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS