Thread deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
My PM

Martin I deleted your thread because I felt like it showed dis-respect to females. I am sure you did not intend on dis respecting anyone but it will be preceived that way and does not have a place on our site for that reason. Thank you for understanding.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
And the reply....

That's OK, but actually, by making fun of the word wench, I was being respectful of women.

I don't see his reasoning:no:

M

McRabbet

The link he referenced was a mispelled word (I believe it should have been "Winch") and while he was attempting to make it funny, it was inappropriate and happily you deleted it.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes it seems like people these days can really butcher the English language. I am guilty at times. Good call Tracy.

Glennbear

Glenn
Yes it seems like people these days can really butcher the English language. I am guilty at times. Good call Tracy.

I totally agree that deletion was warranted and proper however our wonderful English language and it's usage fascinates me. I am thankful for one thing regarding this post, one does not see the word "zaftig" commonly used. I absolutely mean no disrespect by mentioning its usage here just unusual to see it used in this area, where I lived in NJ there was a large orthodox Jewish population of eastern European descent and it was more commonly used. On the flip side of the coin I have lived in Dixie for 4 years now and still getting used to "southernspeak ". :rotflm:

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Sort of like the people that can't wait to repeat the "foul language" someone had the audacity to use to them....I just don't get it.
Thanks Tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS