Thoughts from an older boatbuilder video

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member

As I begin to get closer to 70 than 65 this message does touch a nerve. Take a look at this group. Even if you are not a boat enthusiast, this first short video is full of interesting tools and methods of working wood.

I love the small opening in the side of his shop. Looks like he planned this very well.

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
Thanks Dan, I had not heard of that site. I am past 70 so it was meaningful. I am thankful that my son has developed interest in woodworking so my shop and all my paraphernalia will get used when I'm gone. That foot powered band saw is a new one on me.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Thanks Dan, I had not heard of that site. I am past 70 so it was meaningful. I am thankful that my son has developed interest in woodworking so my shop and all my paraphernalia will get used when I'm gone. That foot powered band saw is a new one on me.
I had one that was powered by a 10 speed bicycle for years. I could switch it over to my bicycle driven lathe at the time. Still have a couple chairs made in 1979 from the lathe

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think you (or someone) posted the off-center site for some of his videos on epoxy use and how they put large radii in many of the joins between boards. A REALLY great site, but that video on Harry Bryan is REALLY good!

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Very interesting. I think most of us would say that he has led a very successful and full-filling life!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS