Thomas Moser furniture shop tour

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Very interesting. Quite a change from when Thomas Moser started out. I read that Moser was a primary reason for the rise of cherry wood furniture.

Roy G

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Bill, thank you for bringing this to our attention, the tour is very interesting! While there are numerous points of interest in the video, for some reason I found the sloppy squeeze-out during glue-ups to be a bit comforting (my glue-up are always sloppy) and I was surprised by the in-plant humidity control - it makes sense, but I was surprised nonetheless.

mpeele

michael
User
In the mid 80's I visited the original shop. They had a large number of Leigh dovetail jigs and Porter Cable routers. I thought they were selling them but they weren't. He said they set one up once for each unique dovetail for and never touched it again. Said they got good prices when bought by the pallet. And shipping was cheeper.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Their shop is very high-tech and their chairs look great but I went to a show a few years ago and found them very uncomfortable. Especially the rocker. Maybe it was just me but I'm glad I got to sit in one before possibly buying one.

Craig C

New User
Craig
Saw that video Bill. Very cool. If you're ever in Greensboro with extra time, the Guilford College Library main reading room is full of Moser tables and continuous arm chairs. Impressive

Bill_L

Bill
Corporate Member
Their furniture is so nice. My brother in-law and son went there for a week long (?) class and were able to build a dresser. They have a lot of Moser furniture and I find it to be beautiful and comfortable.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for posting that @Bill Clemmons - VERY interesting...

I thought it was neat to see a craftsman using a hand plane to finish a surface in a "production" shop...

The other thing I thought was impressive were the flags... until I saw the price: Handmade American Flag

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS