This weekend's project

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
For you viewing pleasure :rotflm:

Here is a keepsake box I made this weekend for a colleague who is getting married next weekend. The plan is modified from a Woodsmith Shop project. The body of the box is ambrosia maple I bought from a local sawyer a couple of weeks ago and the ends are some walnut I had laying around the shop. I made it a bit longer than the plan as I wanted Matt & Jenny's wedding cake knife to fit.

This pic is with a rub down of BLO. I still need to finish it out with several coats of blonde shellac.

Matt_Jenny_box.jpg

View image in gallery

C.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
That is a great looking box. I hope to mess around with building boxes once I get a real workshop together.

Red

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great looking box with a super selection of woods. The walnut really does a nice job of complementing the maple.

Very nice and am sure that it will be treasured.

Wayne

Randall Kepley

New User
Randall
Man that looks great! Somebodys been watching "The Woodsmith Shop" on PBS :gar-Bi very nice rendition you have there. R.K.

eyekode

New User
Salem
I can't figure out how it goes together or comes apart but it look great :). Maple and walnut, my favorite.
Salem

bwat

New User
Bill
Looks great! I like the plan and also enlarged the original. Great wood selections too!:icon_thum

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
I can't figure out how it goes together or comes apart but it look great :). Maple and walnut, my favorite.
Salem

Salem - the 1/2 round groove on the front is a finger recess - 1/4 round in the side and 1/4 round on the bottom edge of the top. The top sits between the walnut ends and is hinged on the back edge. Sorry I don't have a pic of it open handy :eusa_doh:

And thanks for all the nice compliments guys!

C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors