This Saturday's lumber Run at Scott Smith's

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
We're planning to kick things off at 10 am. It looks like the weather should be ok until later in the afternoon.

For anybody that needs directions, please send me an e-mail via NCWW. My cell phone is 919-291-0095 in case you need to contact me directly.

I'll have some soda's and water available; more importantly, the shop toilet facilities at present are comprised solely of a urinal - no toilet, so please plan ahead! If needed, I can send someone over to our house to use the more complete facilities there.

See y'all then.

Scott

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I still think you need to get the western annex up and running! Maybe somewhere in the greater Mills River area would be nice...

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Andy, I will bring your order West when I come to the WW show at the end of March.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
scsmith42;358001. [U said:
the shop toilet facilities at present are comprised solely of a urinal - no toilet[/U], so please plan ahead!

See y'all then.

Scott
Does that mean, "Bring your own five gallon bucket and shovel:rotflm:+ stop at Burger King and ask for EXTRA napkins?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I'll have some soda's and water available; more importantly, the shop toilet facilities at present are comprised solely of a urinal - no toilet,
You'd think a guy with all this lumber and collection of tools could build a decent outhouse...

Can't wait until Saturday!

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
:rotflm:So I can have a soda or water but can't give any back? What good is a urinal to me? Scott, upgrade!

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Here you go Scott.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/for/2243439650.html

Best flushing toilet on the market, American Standard Champion Tank - $50 (Brier Creek)

Date: 2011-03-02, 3:50PM EST
Reply to: sale-ryaxj-2243439650@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

See this amazing toilet flush 18 golf balls. Never worry with clogs again. Email me and I can provide you a link to see the video of it working or go to the popular video internet site, just search "American Standard Toilet Flushing Championships"

Brand new in box Model 4260.016.020 white, tank only. You can pick up a round or elongated bowl or tall bowl at home depot or lowes to match. Any American Standard Champion bowl will work. They retail the tank for $128, get it for $50 New in Box.

The manufacturer says...Meet the Champion 4, the undisputed leader in high performance toilets. With the industry's widest 2 3/8" trapway and 4" flush valve, it created a plunger free world for homeowners and virtually eliminated clogged toilet call backs for plumbers. The Champion will move a mass 70% larger than the industry standard. It achieves the highest bulk removal rating of 1,000 grams and will even flush a bucket of golf balls! Which means you can flush with confidence and never worry about plunging a toilet again.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3n53kb3p45Y05Q25Z0b32442be0de3102136f.jpg
3k43m43l25Q55T25P1b32e31892c7a7891bea.jpg
3n03ka3l55Y35U25S1b3269f3693ea6211346.jpg
3k23pa3o75W45U45X4b32a21b9c5b0a6c15fc.jpg

PostingID: 2243439650

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Here you go Scott.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/for/2243439650.html

Best flushing toilet on the market, American Standard Champion Tank - $50 (Brier Creek)

Date: 2011-03-02, 3:50PM EST
Reply to: sale-ryaxj-2243439650@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

See this amazing toilet flush 18 golf balls. Never worry with clogs again. Email me and I can provide you a link to see the video of it working or go to the popular video internet site, just search "American Standard Toilet Flushing Championships"

Brand new in box Model 4260.016.020 white, tank only. You can pick up a round or elongated bowl or tall bowl at home depot or lowes to match. Any American Standard Champion bowl will work. They retail the tank for $128, get it for $50 New in Box.

The manufacturer says...Meet the Champion 4, the undisputed leader in high performance toilets. With the industry's widest 2 3/8" trapway and 4" flush valve, it created a plunger free world for homeowners and virtually eliminated clogged toilet call backs for plumbers. The Champion will move a mass 70% larger than the industry standard. It achieves the highest bulk removal rating of 1,000 grams and will even flush a bucket of golf balls! Which means you can flush with confidence and never worry about plunging a toilet again.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2243439650

"The Champion will move a mass 70% larger than the industry standard."

Hmm.... so you think that I need one of these, eh?

Now Mark, are you insinuating that the group that will be here tomorrow will have a larger mass of, uh, well, you know.... than average, or is it just me????:rotflm:

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Nah. It just seemed to be a good match to the other tools in your shop.
Bigger, better, stronger ...

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am sorry to say that I have to bale out of this one. There is just no way to take take time off right now Thanks

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Nah. It just seemed to be a good match to the other tools in your shop.
Bigger, better, stronger ...

On a related note...

SAN FRANCISCO, March 1 (UPI) -- San Francisco officials said $14 million is being spent on bleach to deal with sludge backups from low-flow toilets

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2011/03...oilet-stink/UPI-99811298970000/#ixzz1FgNpoV38

So lets look at the numbers...

• For San Francisco to save 20 million gallons of water annually.
  • They spend $100 million refit of the city's sewer system and sewage plants.
  • Then they spend $14 million on a three-year supply of highly concentrated sodium hypochlorite, commonly known as bleach. (That's 14m/3) 4.67 million a year.
Scott just my opinion avoid the stink and extra expense of bleach - go with the Champion 4 :gar-La;

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
How did the lumber run go today? I really wanted to come and help fling boards, but got stuck eating cake and ice cream at my nieces 8th birthday party instead.

On a positive note I picked up a used Husqvarna 3120XP chainsaw with a 48" bar at the birthday party, I just could not pass up on it. I have a real sweet tooth for chain saws, expecially Husqvarna :gar-La; According to the manual it's a 8.4 horse power beast. It feels like it weighs about 25 lbs, I know it would give me a whopping if I had to swing it around all day long... I don't think the saw has seen much work, it's clean as can be for a chainsaw. According to the former owner, he bought it and only cut up one big oak tree with it and said it's just to much saw for him. I tend to believe him since it still has the orginal bar and chain on it. I may end up putting a 5' bar and rip chain on it and use it to quartering over sized southern IL logs.

So I guess it was good I missed the lumber run after all.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Been wandering the same. Any pics pending? I too would have liked to have shown up and helped where I could have, but between having to start another project and the past work week being one of the roughest ones in a long time.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
We had a great turnout today for the lumber run! Somewhere between 30 - 40 NCWW members showed up to take advantage of the deals and goodies.

Available specials included a Zebrawood:

African Mahogany (this was a big hit with the NCWW members. I ended up foregoing any for myself, and every last board was snarfed up quickly!)

Some green cypress that NCWW member Ivey Pridgen just milled:

Although they did not sell, some white oak burls were available at a great price. These would be perfect for making a coffee table, etc from:

NCWW member Travis (Mt.Gomer) picked up his dad's Roubo workbench Quartersawn red oak slab. It will be headed to Ohio next week to continue on it's journey to becoming a custom work bench. Travis's slab was on the bottom of this stack:

And there were thousands of board feet of quartersawn white and red oak to choose from, fresh from the kiln!

Here's the crew that showed up by 10 am. Within an hour, another 10 - 15 NCWW members arrived to snarf up some lumber.

All in all, it was a great NCWW day! We were able to meet some new folks, renew acquaintenances with many other NCWW members, and all in all have a good time.

I'd like to extend my personal thanks to everybody that purchased quartersawn oak, sycamore and cypress from me today. It's been a long road getting my wood business launched, and I sincerely appreciate the support and patronage from our NCWW community. We have an outstanding group of members, and I for one feel fortunate to be a part of this great community.

Scott

Scott

Last edited:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
WOW A King Sized Lumber Run :thumbs_up There's a lot of hard work and preparation that goes into a lumber run. But the best part is getting a bunch of NCWWers together and all the good that follows. It's just something about the spirit of NCWW that sets it's members apart from the rest, hands down, NCWWers are the best.

What a awesome picture, worthy of a QSWO frame :cool:
IMG_05945.JPG

So when did Bas grow a stash? :mrgreen:

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Scott we thank you! You provide great service (I give you a cut list, you tell me what I need). Great prices for wood the home centers don't even know exist. In general, a fun and informative time any time I go up there! Thanks! Now, if you would just buy a toilet............:icon_thum

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Thanks Scott & Dan! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Picked up my 50 bf of the Mahog, shore is purddy......:gar-Bi. Will be posting gloat pics soon!

Don't know what Im going to make yet, but, looks very nice in my woodrack...:rotflm:.

Thanks again, like Jeff is saying, alotta work to get to that day and the day itself...

All those hungry WW'rs drooling over your pretty wood....def need drool rags to wipe off the merchandise...

One happy Camper!

M

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Went just to have fun. Dropped some cash. Hey you can't go to a wood run and walk away with nothing. I need to come back in a month or so for some of that cypress.

Thanks to Scott and Dan for all the hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS