Elk_framed1.jpg

View image in gallery

Elk_frameed2.jpg

View image in gallery

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
That frame really makes it. :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum Good choice of design and colors. Did you make your own frame and how are you keeping it all in position?

PChristy

New User
Phillip
That frame really makes it. :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum Good choice of design and colors. Did you make your own frame and how are you keeping it all in position?

Thanks Scott, I bought the frame material at the frame shop and brought it home and cut the frame here -IT is MDF and it already had the rabbit cut in it and has a veneer wrapped around it - It was the only one they had that looked rustic and the rabbit is not really deep enough to handle the thickness of the picture - I will put two brackets on the back to hold the picture in and put brown paper over that - the mat is put on with double sided tape and I have shims glued in between the two layers -I put a scrap piece of mat on the back with the black felt taped to it then glued that to the back of the back pix layer - I will also put some 1/4 foam board around the picture in the back to take up the space between the pix and the frame

Glennbear

Glenn
Very nice 3-D design Phillip, I can see where the grass would be persnickety to cut out. :wsmile:

sbarnhardt

New User
Barney
This is "probably" a question that's perfectly obvious to most here, but not to me as a newby.

There's no glass on the front of that is there? I'm working on one that will probably need a custom sized frame and have been wondering about that.

Doesn't seem that you would use glass, but I've learned not to "asssume" if you know what I mean.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
This is "probably" a question that's perfectly obvious to most here, but not to me as a newby.

There's no glass on the front of that is there? I'm working on one that will probably need a custom sized frame and have been wondering about that.

Doesn't seem that you would use glass, but I've learned not to "asssume" if you know what I mean.

Barney, I do put glass on all of my fret work for two reasons - 1- I like the looks of it 2- It helps keep the dust from gathering on the piece and on the felt as well - Some scrollers do not use glass - This photo was taking before I put the glass in because the glass will reflect the light and maybe the other items in the room behind you - It does have a glass in it now and it is hanging on our livingroom wall - now my wife does not want me to send it to Montana

cskipper

Cathy
Very nice! :eusa_clap

Side note - if you use a mat in framing you should also use glass in order to prevent the mat doesn't picking up moisture, which can prevent it from laying flat.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Barney, if you make your own frames you can buy nonflecting glass. Most framing stores including AC Moore and Michaels sell it and will cut it to size.

sbarnhardt

New User
Barney
Phillip this looks very nice. I got to talking about using glass and didn't congratulate you on your work. I apologize.

I hope, one day, to be able to do work that looks that great. You should be proud.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Phillip this looks very nice. I got to talking about using glass and didn't congratulate you on your work. I apologize.

I hope, one day, to be able to do work that looks that great. You should be proud.

Thanks Barney, hey I have some good friends in China Grove and some family out towards Enochville and I come down that way on an occasion - I grew up in Kannapolis = maybe sometime I can come by and see you sometime:icon_thum

sawduster

New User
Robert
:swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: DOOD !! Excellent design and execution bro :notworthy: That framing work takes an awesome piece and truly makes it a grade A classy piece o' work :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Great job :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS