"This connection is not private..."

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
While on a road trip and staying in a hotel I went onto the *.org version of the NCWW. Since then, every time I hit the "Home" button I get a warning that the connection is not private. Is this a Mac thing (for which I'm running out of patience. About ready to switch back to Windows machine), or something else. When I ask for details I get some message about certificates. Help?

JSJ

Jeff
Corporate Member
I have the same issue with my Mac running Catalina. Websites prove their identity with certificates. This may have something to do with the website certificate and not your Mac. That's about I know...I just skip the warning and continue onto the site.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
It is indeed an issue with the site certificate. I'm at a loss as to why it hasn't been corrected yet.
But it should not be much longer, I hope.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I was surprised (and concerned) that it started just last week.

Now, if I could only get the Mac to connect to projectors. Then I won't have to buy a windows machine. Trying 2019 cables when they come in tomorrow. Got a gig to train gov't employees in project management coming up in July.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
The problem is that our certificate for the .net site with the forum software's certificate is not correctly mapping to the new .com site landing page. Ron should fix this soon.

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Mike, if I understand your question correctly then - We have owned the ncwoodworker.com domain along with several others for years. We have just not really used it prior to the recent roll-out.

We purchased all related domains to keep others from using them for nefarious purposes. We have .org, .com, and several others. In the past they have just redirected you to the .net domain. There are also some related test domains used by our admins to test new features before rolling them out.

Hope that answers the question. Domain names are not very expensive to hold, but can be very expensive to purchase from somebody buying them on speculation.

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
Yeah, this is an error (for me) separate from the .com site certificate error. It says the certificate expired yesterday.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Same here on the bad certificate. Tried going to .com site and it said there was no site by that name

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS