Thin plywood sources

Sam Knight

Sam Knight
Sam
Corporate Member
Hello all,
Looking for sources to purchase some 1/8” plywood for laser and scroll saw projects. Last batch of boards I got were from Woodcraft when they were running a sale. They were 12x12”. I have the ability to break larger sheets down as well. Where do you get yours from? Also could use 1/4” plywood as well for laser and scroll saw work. Maybe some of you have cut off pieces you’d like to get rid of.
Thanks.
Sam

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have gotten my 1/8" Baltic Birch from The Hardwood Store in the past. They sell it in 5 x 5 sheets. The price has doubled over the past couple years, due to a lot of factors but their prices are still cheaper than buying small pieces from most internet sources. The Hardwood Store also sells 1/8" bending plywood that might work for your application.

Cbozz

Chris
User
National balsa has always been my goto.

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
Do you engrave and cut on the basswood? I've only used BB yet so far. Is it as good or better than BB for laser engraving?
Thanks
Yes I do both. I don’t think it matters much for engraving, especially if you treat with borax. Most of what I get is basswood (or they call it basswood ). I just got some balsa but haven’t tried it.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Yes I do both. I don’t think it matters much for engraving, especially if you treat with borax. Most of what I get is basswood (or they call it basswood ). I just got some balsa but haven’t tried it.
Dr Bob,. What do you mean by "treating with Borax"? I haven't heard that with engraving

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I get my Baltic Birch from Klingspor’s and Woodcraft. They do carry it in large sizes. Not full sheets. Call before going to the Hardwood Store to be sure they have some.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS