The Woodwright's School Winter Schedule...

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Looks like I'm the first one up early enough to get the worm!

This just came in my InBox:

http://www.woodwrightschool.com/

Winter Workshops at The Woodwright's School

Fellow Woodworker!

The Woodwright's School, traditional hand tool woodworking with Roy Underhill, is pleased to announce the launch of our website and the opening of registration for our 2010 winter workshops.

You can learn about the current workshop offerings by going to our website and then register at our online registration service.

We'll be back with more workshop offerings once the oak leaves are as big as a mouse's ear. Til then...

...warm regards,

Roy Underhill

You might also notice that Bill Anderson is teaching some classes there too!

Could I be more excited? :banana:

Jim

nelsone

New User
Ed
I was just reading over the schedule. You signed op for any? The weekday classes make it tough to get to from Charlotte, but I may have to try!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I was thinking of the basic joinery class. dovetails, mortice and tenons. I think if I can do them b y hand, will only help make my power work better.

sash plane

New User
steve
I'm confirmed for the Fri 22 Jan Class..... Dovetails, Mortise & Tenon w/ Roy

You snooze, You Loose with these class's.... the Sat Jan 23 class was filled up by 10:00 am..!!!

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
After much debate with my dog, we agreed on these two to start!

Smoother & Cabinet Scraper and Sash Technique.

But heck, all the rest look good, how long can I resist......

Jim

dougkull

New User
Doug
I enjoyed the M&T/Dovetail class earlier this year. When he posted the new schedule I signed up for the dovetail box and the mystery mallet classes.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
+1 Confirmed for Mortise, Tenon, & Dovetail with Roy on the 22nd. I see a pattern forming. :wsmile:

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Confirmed!

Friday, Feb 12th I will make something frivilous out of a piece of wood.
My teenage daughter wishes she could come and meet "the guy who always hurts himself"; she has watched him (not always by choice) as long as she can remember.

willarda

New User
Bill Anderson
Check out the Wednesday night programs. You need to register for these, but the price is cheap ($30), and is a great way to get into the school and play with the tools! Roy has got some really fun sessions planned. Most of them will be hands-on to my undestanding, and tools provided by the school, but it would be good to bring your special plane(s) work with--always good to use the tools you are used to working with. At least one of the sessions (cabriole legs) will be both demo and hands-on. Poplar material will be provided for those who want to follow along to make a simple (pad) cabriole leg. These will be shaped with a back saw, mallet and chisel, bow saw, and rasp. A leg can be cut and shaped to square dimensions in under 1 hour, shaped to rounded curves with the rasp in another 15 minutes, and the pad foot shaped in less than 1 hour. Not sure how much the leg blank will cost, that will be announced at the workshop, but it will be reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS