The Woodworking Source Online Grand Opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Come one, Come all! :thumbs_up

Rick (thesource) has authorized me to invite all of NCWWers to celebrate the grand opening of The Woodworking Source Online. Your favorite woodworking store owned by a fellow NCWWer is now taking itself online in high style :icon_thum

The Woodworking Source is offering FREE SHIPPING (on orders over $50), and as an added bonus 10% to celebrate the websites initial launch.

During checkout, use discount code NCWWKICKOFF. This coupon code is valid until April 20 and is for 10% off (get it? 2010, as in the year the online store is launched!)

http://www.thewoodworkingsource.com

Note: Products are being added daily, so make sure you bookmark the site & check back regularly. And most importantly, remember to use The Woodworking Source for your next purchase! :eek:ccasion1

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Thanks Jeremy, Rick's site sure has grown by leaps and bounds. I would encourage anyone that has not bought from Rick to do so. you WILL NOT be disappointed. One of the most pleasant people to deal with.

timf67

New User
Tim
I disagree Tracy! Rick is an ENABLER! He is TOO nice and ends up emptying my tool budget! :rotflm:

thrytis

New User
Eric
It looks great and there are good prices. Does the free shipping apply to machinery too (not that i would have machinery shipped to me here)? Is there a "will call" option?

One suggestion is to have an "estimate shipping" option on the cart page which only requires a zip code. If it is a place i haven't dealt with before, i prefer seeing the shipped price without having to enter any identifying information. I know i could make stuff up, but that is extra work when i'm just trying to do quick comparisons.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
It looks great and there are good prices. Does the free shipping apply to machinery too (not that i would have machinery shipped to me here)? Is there a "will call" option?

One suggestion is to have an "estimate shipping" option on the cart page which only requires a zip code. If it is a place i haven't dealt with before, i prefer seeing the shipped price without having to enter any identifying information. I know i could make stuff up, but that is extra work when i'm just trying to do quick comparisons.

Rick said YES free shipping on machines too (with the exception of a few items that use fixed shipping). As for the quick shipping quote ... you CAN do that too once the item is in your cart (it will calculate the shipping based on what is in the cart when you give the State and Zip). Will have to see about the "will call" option, but I believe that when you put the item in your cart you can do a "Local Pickup" option. (And yes, I'm helping Rick with the technical side of this :cool:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Rick, congrats. I hope that the store really grows and makes you a lot of money. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

thrytis

New User
Eric
Rick said YES free shipping on machines too (with the exception of a few items that use fixed shipping). As for the quick shipping quote ... you CAN do that too once the item is in your cart (it will calculate the shipping based on what is in the cart when you give the State and Zip). Will have to see about the "will call" option, but I believe that when you put the item in your cart you can do a "Local Pickup" option. (And yes, I'm helping Rick with the technical side of this :cool:)

Maybe it doesn't give the option in the cart to estimate shipping with the state and zip when the shipping is free. I went back and started the checkout process and did see the local pickup option.

Free shipping but $100 local pickup charge? :icon_scra I guess that is from the fixed shipping cost. Not really a problem since i would come out to the store if i was ordering machinery. :)

bwat

New User
Bill
Site looks great! :icon_thum Don't make that "pickup" option too convenient though. I may have to rent a storage building!

I especially like the FAQ/Help tab:gar-La;

smitty62

New User
Dick
Congrats Rick! With your attitude and service I know you'll do well even in this economy. You've made a believer out of this old curmudgeon!:thumbs_up Take care--
Dick Smith

PS; re your site--perhaps a little more item description?? :dontknow:

SSuther

New User
Stan
Glad the site is up and running. Looks good. Now you all can be jealous of my living in Mooresville where the store is located. Don't be that jealous, though. Seems like I don't have the time to work wood nearly as much as I'd like. Serious purchases may have to wait until I retire- hopefully not that far away into the future.

thesource

New User
Rick
Thanks everybody for the input & encouragement.
We're working out a few kinks, and we welcome your suggestions on making things run smoothly.
Rick DiNardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors