the North Carolina Furniture School Reopens

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
Good Morning All, I wanted to let you know that after a long period of being closed to the public, the North Carolina Furniture School is open again! We have many new class opportunities from beginner to advanced in design, joinery, hand tools, woodturning, and CNC. We have partnered with ShopBot Tools of Durham, NC and are now their official training facility. We are excited to announce that we are opening the new Advanced Digital Fabrication Studio with 12 computer stations and 8 CNC machine stations with learning opportunities in 3 axis and 4 axis rotary, end milling, automatic tool changing, and more! In the new year we are upgrading several of our full size lathe stations, so there will be some demo machines coming up for sale. We are also excited to announce that as we edge closer to 'normal' and feel comfortable enough to travel, we will announce the 2 new foreign immersion woodworking trips we are developing.

On another note, we are asking for donations of woodworking and design texts to include in the new library we are building in the Advanced Digital Fabrication Studio. We have a good start, with a handsome collection of woodworking texts and periodicals - but we want this to become a resource for you, so it needs to be expanded. If you have books or magazines in good condition, and would like to contribute to the library, please let me know.

I invite you to visit the website: ncfurnitureschool.com and let us know if there are topics you are interested in learning so we can better serve you.

Here's a sneak peek, more to come.

My best to everyone,
Stuart.
20211019032602_IMG_6961-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Great news! So glad to see every one thats surviving this mess. Looking forward to checking out your class schedule!

Quick question, why are the table saws attached to each other? I bet its one of them new fangled big 220 saws where you attach two 110 saws to do some serious cutting!!!!! ;) Can't wait for my Harvey to ship!

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
Great news! So glad to see every one thats surviving this mess. Looking forward to checking out your class schedule!

Quick question, why are the table saws attached to each other? I bet its one of them new fangled big 220 saws where you attach two 110 saws to do some serious cutting!!!!! ;) Can't wait for my Harvey to ship!
I modified the long fence for the 3hp saw to mount them both to one set of rails. The C300-30 is our multi-purpose general table saw. It is set up with a sliding table and works great. C200-30 (smaller hp saw on the right) is a dedicated dado saw. My old Delta 12/14 sits behind the Harveys. I have many custom jigs and fixtures for it and use it for joinery and heavy ripping.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS