The Little Blade That Could

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Title for this post was stolen from an article by Mark Dugenskie in FWW several years ago. It's the 1/4, .025, 6TPI, hook pattern, bi metal blade. As far as I'm concerned this is about the only blade most will ever need for the band saw. I do everything with it. Plus being bi metal, they outlast about ten of the regular blades. Timber Wolf blades are sharper out of the box, but just don't stay that way. I find that they dull rather quickly. Just my observations and nothing else! As a side note, Woodcraft Bands has the best pricing on this and other blades

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Your Rikon???? I think that is going to be mine. Besides you don't have enough room for it. But I'm willing to bet you WILL MAKE ROOM.

Now, now, folks. Besides, I've already put everyone on notice that I'm running the homeless tool shelter around these parts! :wink_smil

That 14" baby Rikon would look great next to my 18" Rikon... Hhmmm

I won't be at the picnic (too far and my health doesn't really allow it right now), but I really do hope that those of you who can make it have a great weekend.

As for me, it looks like I'll be looking for mice traps this afternoon -- I seem to have acquired a new pet in my bedroom this morning! Where is that darned neighbor's cat when I need him? (The most curious cat I have ever met, always letting himself in so that he can check out whatever is new in our house! Fortunately I love cats, just don't have any of my own presently.)

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Yeah, I could find room. I am sure the missus would see the logic of keeping the freezer in the dining room...

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Title for this post was stolen from an article by Mark Dugenskie in FWW several years ago. It's the 1/4, .025, 6TPI, hook pattern, bi metal blade. As far as I'm concerned this is about the only blade most will ever need for the band saw. Yep
I do everything with it. Plus being bi metal, they outlast about ten of the regular blades. Yep Timber Wolf blades are sharper out of the box, but just don't stay that way. I find that they dull rather quickly.YepYep
Just my observations and nothing else! As a side note, Woodcraft Bands has the best pricing on this and other blades Yep
:gar-Bi

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I will keep that in mind when I get my new Rikon at the drawing on Saturday... :)

I don't know about room in your shop, but I definitely want to see how you get it in that little car of yours. :rotflm::nah: But wait, I'm going by your shop after the picnic. IF you win it, I'll even deliver it. :eusa_danc

Bill

manfre

New User
Manfre
I don't know about room in your shop, but I definitely want to see how you get it in that little car of yours. :rotflm::nah: But wait, I'm going by your shop after the picnic. IF you win it, I'll even deliver it. :eusa_danc

Bill
Of course before delivering, you'll need to test it out (for a long time) and make any adjustments to have a baseline comparison to make sure nothing shifted during transit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS