The Hardwood Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Have any of you ever purchased from The Hardwood Store of NC in Gibsonville? I am planning on going there tomorrow morning to pick up some ash ply for my end tables and was just wandering if anyone has purchased from them. Is there anything I need to look for when buying good quality hardwood plywood? Anything I need to be aware of from the company?
TIA for any and all advise

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
The Hardwood Store is my main source for hardwood. The folks there are great to work with. I usually ask for Jeff if I need any assistance . Good folks, good lumber and good prices (but like everything else they are creeping up). They are close enough that I drive there rather than having something shipped to me. Wall Lumber in Mayodan seems to be somewhat less expensive but the shipping costs would more than offset the savings. Good luck.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Couple 3 things:

They close at noon on Saturdays.

Go to the back, get one of the warehouse guys to help pick out what you want and take the tally sheet to the front and pay. NCWW Discount

If my cousin Donald Fogleman is sitting around (not likely:gar-Bi) tell him I said hey and to show you his molding machine. Serious arn:eek:

Mark

TracyP

Tracy
I will add that I sent an email price request in last week and got several phone calls from them offering to ship my wood to me because they had a truck coming to Charlotte, That impressed me right from the start.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
The Hardwood store is a great resource :icon_thum I would consider looking into some of their "shop grade" ply. Often yu can find sheet with only a small defect (that you can work around) at a great discount. I built a desk out of their shop grade ply and couldn't find anything wrong with it.
Dave:)

TracyP

Tracy
Thanks for all who have replied thus far, I figured by looking at their site that they must be a pretty good supplier.

TracyP

Tracy
Bought two sheets of 1/4 ash ply and one sheet of 3/4 ash ply. Also picked up a small 4/4 piece of Walnut for a weather station I want to build, just 5 board ft. I was impressed with their selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors