The Ever Shrinking Entertainment Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbdoby

New User
Rick
How many of you remember when you planned to build an entertainment center that would hold all those components for your sound system. You remember the custom fitted cubby holes for the McIntosh amp and pre-amp, Sansui receiver, Denon turntable, Akai tape deck and Bose 901's. Not to mention storage for that precious library of vinyl. My final plan covered an entire wall and the TV was a separate piece of furniture all together. Guess that is why it never got built.

I just finished building this for a friend. It will hold her complete sound system plus a flat screen TV. 48" wide x 18" deep x 28" tall. Now if I could only get my stomach to shrink like my plans for an entertainment center!

Attachments

• Entertainment Center1.jpg
    Entertainment Center1.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Entertainment Center2.jpg
    Entertainment Center2.jpg
    655.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Bryan S

Bryan
Careful Rick, you know you are dating yourself, turntable, vinyl, and tape deck, especially if it is one of those 4000D reel to reels.

Great job on the entertainment center. Good clean lines and not bulky looking like mine turned out. Looking good. :eusa_clap

BTW, I came real close to buying one of those reel to reels from the Navy Exchange Philippines 30 yrs ago. :gar-Bi

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Careful Rick, you know you are dating yourself, turntable, vinyl, and tape deck, especially if it is one of those 4000D reel to reels.

Great job on the entertainment center. Good clean lines and not bulky looking like mine turned out. Looking good. :eusa_clap

BTW, I came real close to buying one of those reel to reels from the Navy Exchange Philippines 30 yrs ago. :gar-Bi

I was jealous of all my friend coming back from overseas with killer stereos.

MagGeorge

New User
George
Great looking and well crafted entertainment center! Like the raised panels and the wooden knobs. Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS