There are some WIP Pix here:
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=1980

pete

Last edited:

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Re: The easy part is done !

Very Very nice Pete. I haven't made any Arts & Crafts pieces, yet but I do like the lines and such. Isn't the design called "cloud lift" on the pulls and the front apron of the top, bottom of the hutch??

What wood did you use?

Keep up the wonderful work.

Mike

nelsone

New User
Ed

Looks great Pete! Give me a holler if you need some help. Can't do anything tonight, but I can probably break away for a bit tomorrow.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member

Very Very nice Pete. I haven't made any Arts & Crafts pieces, yet but I do like the lines and such. Isn't the design called "cloud lift" on the pulls and the front apron of the top, bottom of the hutch??

What wood did you use?

Mike

Yes it is cloud lift but that's the only thing about it that's arts & crafts style. All the joinery is traditional M&T and DT's rather than the A&C joinery.

The main wood is Sapele (some from Kyle and some from Brian). The back panels are African Mahogany (got a good deal from Kyle) and the secondary wood (drawer sides etc.) is cherry that came from SC.

Thanks for asking
pete

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member

Looks great Pete! Give me a holler if you need some help. Can't do anything tonight, but I can probably break away for a bit tomorrow.

Thanks for the offer but I have it covered. Having my son and step son over for a moving party. :eusa_danc

Have you been playing any pool lately? Seems like we should be ready for another get together!

pete

nelsone

New User
Ed

Thanks for the offer but I have it covered. Having my son and step son over for a moving party. :eusa_danc

Have you been playing any pool lately? Seems like we should be ready for another get together!

pete

Haven't played since Jeremy's party, but I'd love to set it up again. May be a few weeks since I'm heading to Missouri for Thanksgiving.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member

most excellent Pete!:icon_thum:icon_thum is it really as red as the pics show? beautiful piece.:icon_cheers

Shamrock

New User
Michael

Very well done-took you long enough:wink_smil.

+1 on the pool-maybe 1st or 2nd week in December?

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

Really nice work Pete. I especially like the pulls and the grain on those four drawers. :icon_thum

Bill

T

toolferone

Really nice peice. Is that a ship lap back on the top peice? What is the finish?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

Pete you have out done yourself. That is just awesome.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member

Fred - It's not quite as red as in the pix but it is pretty red.

Mike - It took me so long because I made so many mistakes I had to do everything 2 or 3 times :gar-La;

Tom - Yes the back is ship lapped - on both pieces, top & bottom. For the finish I did some grain filling with tinted Timbermate then some Watco Red Mahogany oil sealed with Blond Shellac buffed out and waxed. The back panels are a much lighter African Mahog. so I used some Gel Stain the blend them in.

pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS