The British are coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidF

New User
David
Hey John,

Where on earth is Hickory in Burke Co - don't forget you're talking to a foreigner here:-? I'll check it out.

David

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Durn foreigners... ( Just kidding ). Hop on I-40 West, drive approximately 3 hours. Hickory is like Exit 128 ( or close to that ). You'll travel through Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Statesville, then Hickory. There are hotels right near the meeting site. I believe you can see if from the interstate. Can't miss it.

-clay

woodguy1975

New User
John
The exit is 125 from I-40 once you get to Hickory. We are about 1 hr west of Winston Salem. The convention center is on the left as you come up. When you get off the exit turn left across the bridge and then take a left at the first light past the outback. That will run you right to the Hickory Metro Center.

Very simple. They have board that will be flashing Extravaganza too. You should come if you have the time. It's going to be a big gathering.

Thanks,

John

DavidF

New User
David
Thanks for the info Gentlemen - I will see what I can do. Ironically I should be finishing the ebinizing on the table legs Saturday - Woodworking or Woodworking show??? difficult one:-?

David

woodguy1975

New User
John
Aw come on. We are going to have over 20 woodworkers at the get together. It will be fun. I'm in the middle of a kitchen job, but this gathering is well worth the few days delay. It will be a blast. Lots of good food, good people, and good conversation.

See ya,

John

DaveO

New User
DaveO
DavidF, I also urge you to come out to the gathering, I would be honored to meet you. As far as pubs are concerned, I only know what is in the Raleigh area, but there are a few nice ones serving some great Ales and Lagers. The Pourhouse and Flying Saucers are great for craft brews, then there are several Irish style pubs like Rira. Greenshield brewery make it's own brews and their Stout is very good. Second to woodworking, I like beer, so I am always up for a pint or two. Hope to see you this weekend. Dave:)

DavidF

New User
David
Well, as it happens, I WILL be there on Saturday AM. Looks like it's about
2 1/2 hrs drive so hope to be there around 9.00. What is the plan for meeting up with everybody? As for pubs/beer, you sound like my kind of people. At my last club in NH we had pre-meeting meeting at the Red Hook Brewery, followed by the actual meeting, followed by the post meeting de-brief back at the red hook!! those were often the best parts of the evening:p

David

woodguy1975

New User
John
Dave, glad you can make it. The plan is for everyone to get together at the show after the demonstration (10-12 demo with drawing at the end for the raffle chair) around noon. I'll hand out directions to the get together and we'll decide on when everyone will leave the show and just meet breifly to get to recognize faces. The food arrives at the get together location, my shop, at 2pm so everyone should leave the show around 1:30. I can't guarantee that food will be left behind for stragglers. I think we have a pretty hungry crowd.

BTW, my neighbor brews beer. Might be able to talk him out of a batch if I ask nicely for you guys. I don't drink, but don't mind if you guys want to bring your own.

See you there Dave.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS