The Brit is almost back making sawdust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidF

New User
David
I know it's been a long time - is it really over two years!! But I haven't forgotten you guys! Just that I didn't have a workshop - until now! Almost done, sparky will be finished by the weekend - Pics to follow.....

Not as much time these days to post or read the forum, the new job is keeping me abroad a lot of the time, so excuse the short post! - I'll be back.....

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Good to hear from you again, David. What part of the world are you hanging your hat nowadays?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Hi David,

Great to hear from you again. Can't wait to see great things coming from your new shop!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
David great to hear from you on the other side of the pond. You know we love pics. Love to see a shop with tools on the wrong side lol

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great to hear from you David!
:icon_thum
Anxiously awaiting the new shop pictures.

Wayne

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Good to hear from you again! I take the back way past your old office a lot to get my daughter to a music lesson when US1 is backed up (if you are back around London, you probably laugh at what we think is traffic) and it always makes me wonder how things are going.

DavidF

New User
David
Dennis, we are in "Sunny" southern England, A very small village called Lydlinch in Dorset, which is in the south west of the country. Very rural with cows and sheep in the surrounding fields - very pleasant.

DavidF

New User
David
Soon I hope. I have a new lathe now, just installed last weekend and will be trying out the Ci1 and Ci2 tools you guys and Gals kindly gave to me as a leaving present. Believe it or not, they haven't touched any wood since I got them!!

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Dennis, we are in "Sunny" southern England, A very small village called Lydlinch in Dorset, which is in the south west of the country. Very rural with cows and sheep in the surrounding fields - very pleasant.

I have ancestry in that area. Several generations of Strodes (originally "De La Strode" when my ancestor Warinus "emigrated" from Normandy in 1066), a Whitcombe and an Isaac are all listed as being from Dorset. If I ever get over to England, I plan to visit the area.

DavidF

New User
David
I have ancestry in that area. Several generations of Strodes (originally "De La Strode" when my ancestor Warinus "emigrated" from Normandy in 1066), a Whitcombe and an Isaac are all listed as being from Dorset. If I ever get over to England, I plan to visit the area.

We would love to see you. May be even go and see the field where the battle of Hastings took place in 1066!

M

McRabbet

David,

I thought of you as I drove from Apex up NC 87 a few weeks ago on my way back to the mountains -- I passed quite close to your old stomping grounds! Hope the new owner has maintained your gardens and shop! All my best to both you and Carol in your new home.

PS -- you need to update your email address in your personal profile as it still has your US one.

DavidF

New User
David
Hi Rob, Thanks for the best wishes, Hope things are going well for you too. I updated my profile this morning and emails are arriving. We have a new bruiser of a Bernese mountain dog, how is your beast?

DavidF

New User
David
Great to hear from you David!!!! Glad things are well with you and yours!
Hi Travis, it's a long time, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but was it you that gave me the pen at my leaving do? if so, it's just run out and I need a new one:)

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I'm glad to hear that you all are doing well over there and that you're about to be making sawdust again. :eusa_danc Can't wait to see your shop and pictures of your new projects. It's wonderful to have you back! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap :gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS