The Backside of Unsafe Practices

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
ddJ83NAJvOJ-EcCCSJvxFUfG8hZniXIWqx8pZpMOmM-nB9VM3VwvtDLElcQgxv0hO2tToF68tYrRcyfVvFfFaFKr3iVTw6aSKPto9GYv-rVRl8DjtcP9PYdnCjriUj3WLF9LnN1f8e8L0H4M8ZFr0wNZY0PpgOODoLK2tSLjKji4NjRHf0UIG6kedPYHHuq8HJ96G4B9MG2L7Vk0EH97EGQJfBAmeqHeZsitbMvttr6YBgyWfyF-y0lpBJo0wvhGk0P1Ou6lsi5FRpNYmuDCHaDl3-6svGpSYIAAHc4ce8TKmibQiyqqpnklNm-0QF-KFfP-l8FdsN2kZ_kWgGlQCPUYEG7uPN3v76sI-TohJugWnIi1GuR6EhTHqQ_XgHxM4n8uGqw8eS--eYXxw6EFRkCrhPtVufUJM4ggsW63fMedoQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Maybe it's a SawStop circular saw and they're testing it.............
I'll bet they don't have ear protection either, and at least one of them is about to need it.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Maybe it's a SawStop circular saw and they're testing it.............
I'll bet they don't have ear protection either, and at least one of them is about to need it.

The one that is going to need the ear protection is already wearing over the ear protection (the mark of professionalism after all).

But I've always assumed this photo to be staged for laughs as it is too far into the realm of stupid as the operator seems to know how to operate the saw and has hearing protection, but would not understand where the saw blade is going to cut? That is usually the realm of the DIY/amateur/first-day-on-the-job crowd as they tend to have little idea what they are doing, how the tool works, proper safety practices, and what might go wrong because they are too gung-ho to just get things done and too often have no patience for thinking an operation through in advance (in my book, thinking things through beforehand is the prime safety directive -- it will save one's butt, pun intended, nearly every time!).

But the meme is certainly good for a laugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS