That time of year

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
My wife and I went to Cana Virginia for an annual apple and other produce buying trip. Well seems spider season is in full swing. I have been home most of the week with a nasty bite on my left arm and even more nasty antibiotics. Guess there was a little critter hiding in one of those baskets or bags. Never felt it, but by Monday, it was obvious he got me good. Not as bad as a Brown recluse but still causing sickness and an abscess in my arm. Keep your eyes open for these little fellas. I would post a picture but would have to self moderate it. Keep your eyes open this time of year!!

Last edited:

Bryan S

Bryan
Been fighting those critters in the shop the last several months. One got me on the ankle back in the summer and took a month to completely heal.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Hope you heal soon, Tracy.

What kind of spider was it? I want to know so I can steer clear of them!!!

Good luck,

Glennbear

Glenn
Last year while making some deck repairs I found a black widow under a railing I was removing. Since then I have been uber careful but recently I moved a wheelbarrow in the shed and found that one had made a web across the open shell of the barrow in just a couple days. They do not always hide in little dark spaces :confused_ Thanks for the reminder Tracy, I hope you heal quickly. :wsmile:

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Could have also been a recluse. Depends on how much venom he got into you.

Go

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
That was my thoughts, bur Doc. Disagrees. He said there would be a lot of necroses even with a little venom.

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
Tracy, Sorry to hear that. Glad you are on the way to getting well. :eusa_danc
Hope to see you Friday or Saturday in Hickory.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS